BOSS 5.0 iron block?

SSeatr

Established Member
anyone build one of these yet?

i just saw on latemodelresto they are selling the block for $999

96-04 Mustang Boss 5.0L Engine Block, Cast Iron by Ford Racing at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

everyone else wants $1300++

MMR is crazy looking for $1699

but i think this is going to be the base for my next build, just interested in hearing anyone that has built one and how the power was.

as we know the 4.6's the stroke was fine just the bore was small so im excited to build one, instead of resleeving a 4.6 which could be nothing but problems and cost WAY much more then $1000.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Tousley Ford

$935.00 last time I checked.

Tousley is a sponser of this web site and a great guy to work with. Buy it there!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Tousley Ford

$935.00 last time I checked.

Tousley is a sponser of this web site and a great guy to work with. Buy it there!

+1 Tousley will have the best price for this block. With this block you achieve 323 ci with a stroker crank.

OP is your goal n/a power or are you planning on FI? If staying n/a then resleeving an aluminum block would be a better idea IMO because of the weight saving, even though it will be more expensive than the iron block. If FI is in the future build plan then the iron would be the direction I would go. That Boss block can handle 1000+hp.

Whippedmach

Established Member
Just finished mine dropping in the car next week!!! The boss block is a bad peice, when i had it at the machine shop we had it next to a factory 04 cobra block, and there are so many differences its not even funny, My machinest was like "DAMN" this thing is a really nice block, and has a lot of nice features.

RoadRash

Established Member
I'm looking at one of these for my build. Didn't someone post about a deal on some diamond pistons for this block?? I can't find the post though ....

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have the 3.700 bore Manley pistons in most compression ratios in stock, they are $699 and include tool steel pins, they are much nicer than the Diamond brand (the diamond brand uses a very thin skirt that is prone to colapse and make alot of piston noise, the Manley uses a thicker skirt and and it is full banded (means it is supported 360 degrees) we also keep in stock the complete stroker kits, with the 3.700 bore piston option they are $2299 and include everything but the block!

Please let us know how we can help!

MMR

MMR%20Domination%20ad.JPG

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i'am debation on stroking it right now. i could save some $$ buy using my crank and getting the rods resized along with ARP 2000 bolts
i would just need pistons and rings / brgs.

to stroke it ,

A stock stroke crank cannot be used in a stroker application, the crankshaft is the part that actually makes it a stroker, the pistons and rods are just along for the ride.

Most Stroker kits (at least the nice american made kits like we sell) use a specific rod and piston (different compression height and rod journal size) that is not compatible with stock cranks.

Hope this info helps a little.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
We have the 3.700 bore Manley pistons in most compression ratios in stock, they are $699 and include tool steel pins, they are much nicer than the Diamond brand (the diamond brand uses a very thin skirt that is prone to colapse and make alot of piston noise, the Manley uses a thicker skirt and and it is full banded (means it is supported 360 degrees) we also keep in stock the complete stroker kits, with the 3.700 bore piston option they are $2299 and include everything but the block!

MMR

hello , on this stroker kit you have for 2300 bucks whats the crank hp level is it rated for ?
and can you give us some details like
piston crown thickness? have 3.700 bore
does it have a oil support ring?
and what is the rod lenght ?

and whats the brand on the crank/rod/pistons.rings/bearings etc.
arp 2000 rod bolts? and everything 4340 ? and is that balanced for the 2300.00

and what is the piston crown thinkness one the non stocker with the 3.700 bore

sounds like a fair price ..thats why all the question sorry.

also what cc dish's are aval. for both strokes ?

will check back tomorrow!:beer:

what is the opitman compression ratio for a 305 and a 324 with a k/b 2.6 at 18 psi,mild cams,long tubes,

i just heard that some engine builders add about .5 comp. to them to give them more tq. and hp.? true or false ? for around 9.1to1 ?

let me know'' i might part out my old cobra shourt block,got someone interested in it .

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
hello , on this stroker kit you have for 2300 bucks whats the crank hp level is it rated for ?
and can you give us some details like
piston crown thickness? have 3.700 bore
does it have a oil support ring?
and what is the rod lenght ?

and whats the brand on the crank/rod/pistons.rings/bearings etc.
arp 2000 rod bolts? and everything 4340 ? and is that balanced for the 2300.00

and what is the piston crown thinkness one the non stocker with the 3.700 bore

sounds like a fair price ..thats why all the question sorry.

also what cc dish's are aval. for both strokes ?

will check back tomorrow!:beer:

what is the opitman compression ratio for a 305 and a 324 with a k/b 2.6 at 18 psi,mild cams,long tubes,

i just heard that some engine builders add about .5 comp. to them to give them more tq. and hp.? true or false ? for around 9.1to1 ?

let me know'' i might part out my old cobra shourt block,got someone interested in it .

The crank is by Kellogg which is far stronger than stock due to the oil hole drilling and MMR rates it up to 1500RWHP.

The crown thickness varies with dish but minimum is .120"

Most compression ratios are available, raising the compression .5 will aid in power but will reduce detonation resistance (always a tradeoff)

Oil support rings are a VERY POOR design and none of the strokers MMR sells include them, MMR stroker oil rings are supported 360 degrees by the piston, a support ring is if the piston pin intersects the oil ring and provides support in such a case.

The rods and pistons are Manley (not to be confused with Mahle) and include total seal rings and ARP hardware, ARP 2000 bolts are a $99 option and are required for 8000+ RPM but have nothing to do with HP that the rods support (under the power stroke there is little pressure on the rod bolt)

Assemblies that MMR sells are available both Digitally balanced like our shortblocks or unbalanced.

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

jumperjack

Established Member

MMR

Why do you sell diamond pistons as an option if they are prone to collapse?
MMR%20STEEL%20LOGO.jpg
MMR 5.0 STROKER Street Mod 900S (up to 900 RWHP) 2V, 3V or 4V
"The Aluminator Shortblock Killer"
This MMR shortblock uses stronger parts and handcrafted precision, not assembly line assembly techniques like the Aluminator ford blocks
This STROKER shortblock adds .4 liters to your Mustang engine without anyone knowing, all factory parts bolt right on! Great for blowers, turbo or Nitrous. With no other changes this Stroker shortblock will add up to 40HP and 40ft lbs of torque! This shortblock can support up to 850 Rear wheel horsepower!!
*Brand New Cast Iron 2004 Cobra Block, torque plate bored and honed
*New 4340 Forged 3.750 stroke Crankshaft w/micro polished journals at no extra charge
*New 4340 5.933 MMR 900HP H-beam Rods ( These rods are shotpeened, magnafluxed and weight matched to bring you the finest H-beam rod available for your 4.6)
*New 2618 Alloy MMR/ Manley or Diamond pistons (High or low compression)
*Speed Pro file fit rings (precision file fit to your application, nitrous, blower, turbo or N/A)
*Speed Pro/Federal Mogul or Clevite Tri-metal Rod & ACL Performance Main bearings
*Complete Pro Assembly and Balancing for the smoothest, highest revving shortblock available, Pre-Lubricated with Royal Purple Assembly Lube and spin tested. Lastly 3 technicians sign off on your new engine prior to packaging and crating.

Teflon Coated Piston Skirts now come standard on ALL MMR Stroker engines ($300 value)
Shortblock Options:
NEW Ford Racing BOSS 302 Cast iron Block $1199.99 (increases engine size to 5.3L)
Brand New Current production Aluminum Block + $300
Coated Pistons (ceramic dome) $299.99
MMR Street/Racing Oil Pump (highly recommended) + $159.99
MMR/Felpro Extreme Duty Headgaskets + $169.99
ARP Headstuds +$269.99
Upgrade to MMR block side bolts (recommended for 500+ HP) +$44.99

ARP Mainstuds (recommended for 600+HP) +169.99

MMR windage tray and hardware kit (+15HP) + 129.99

Shown below with optional aluminum block
Aluminum%20shortblock%202.jpg

*Due to the custom nature of MMR shortblocks ALL customers paying with a credit card
will be billed when the order is placed (prior to engine assembly and shipping),
All MMR shortblocks are non-refundable regardless if the item has shipped or not.

400900S $3499.99
Click cart or
call to order

IN STOCK READY TO SHIP IN MOST COMPRESSION RATIOS

Users who are viewing this thread