Boss 302 wheel hop solution??

Whippled3v

Established Member
Wondering what, if anything, you guys did to solve the wheel hop with the stock boss suspension.
My dad's car is a laguna seca so it has the beefier Torsen diff which isn't helping matters as far as wheel hop goes. We're looking to get a tune on it, maybe some LCA's, PH bar, and possibly some springs (my dad doesn't want the front splitter even closer to the ground lol) then call it quits on that car as it is extremely fun the way it is. We don't track it, it's just a garage queen that gets its legs stretched on the streets every now and then.
Can anyone tell me from prior experience if this will cure the wheel hop? Also if anyone put front springs on the car did you have to do anything as far as alignment? My dad is worried about throwing the factory suspension tuning out of whack.

ford20

Established Member
On my stock car, I just did LCA's and it cured I would say at least 80-90% of the wheel hop. If I wanted to go further into it I could have done the UCA's but that would involve me removing the rear pannel so I could get the bolts for the UCA so I took the easy way out.

Jabooh1

Established Member
Same as above. I did BMR adjustable spherical bearing LCA's and relocation bracket. Again 75-80% cured. UCA is on the list, but not high.

Whippled3v

Established Member
On my stock car, I just did LCA's and it cured I would say at least 80-90% of the wheel hop. If I wanted to go further into it I could have done the UCA's but that would involve me removing the rear pannel so I could get the bolts for the UCA so I took the easy way out.

Same as above. I did BMR adjustable spherical bearing LCA's and relocation bracket. Again 75-80% cured. UCA is on the list, but not high.

Awesome, my dad is wanting to do as little modifying as possible to keep as many original pieces on the car as he can. I had assumed LCA's would be enough so that's good news. Do either of you know if the Boss comes with beefier LCA's than factory GT's do? Just from looking under the car I believe they do but don't have a stock car to compare to.

Jabooh1

Established Member
when I pulled mine they didn't look "special". Don't know what a GT version looks like though.

After Google search they look the same.

BUSHDIVING82

Established Member
BMR lowers here, fixed most of the hop issue. Install was fairly simple, set aside for trying to torque the bolts to 130ftlb while on my back...:fm:

Punisher1401

Established Member
stock Boss LCA are are just standard ones. I added the Steeda LCA and BMR relocate brackets and have been a huge help.

rdplain

Established Member
stock Boss LCA are are just standard ones. I added the Steeda LCA and BMR relocate brackets and have been a huge help.

Incorrect. The LCA's on Boss & Track Pack GT's have a firmer bushing, and they are grey in color. The standard LCA's are black and have a softer bushing.

BADBOSS

Established Member
I installed the LCA's from Bob's autosports and voila! No more wheel hop!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Your right foot is the biggest help with wheel hop..... Modulate the throttle to help control it.

rosem32

Established Member
For free, do what RacerX writes.

If you pay for it, the Billet Steeda LCA's and UCA will end wheel hops...

Users who are viewing this thread