Boss 302 vs Shelby gt350

liter of cola

Established Member
I have not driven a GT350, but feel like my old Boss would run circles around my new 16 GT. I really miss the sound of the Boss at 8k Rpms.....

It would, the 16' gt is heavier and down on power compared to the boss.

I realize neither car is designed for straight line speed but does anyone else find it odd that the boss is nearly as fast (even though it weighs the same) but is down 80hp to the 350?

The boss is about 100lb's lighter and live axles make for better 0-60 and 1/4 mile times than irs.

The R with NO tech pack weighs about as much as the boss. A standard 350 has to be stripped to weigh as much as the boss.

Nope, they really are that loud in sport mode.

Awesome!

Last edited:

raiderjatt02

Established Member
probably speaking on the fact that the voodoo revs up very quick. making it easier to heel toe cuz you only need to tap the gas pedal a bit rather than giving it a full boot to rev match with the slower revving 5.0.

edit: this video makes me think the gt350 they tested had a res delete, no way they're that loud with the resonators. or are they? thing sounds like an R in this video.

You are correct. They state in the article that this one has the resonator delete. But even stock, they're pretty damn loud.

http://www.everydaydriver.com/#!She...tangs-Compared/sbaom/572b7e0e0cf25326f6c62280

liter of cola

Established Member
Actually the boss has an even 1/4 mile time as well. Just curious.

Live axle vs irs. This is why. Period.

You are correct. They state in the article that this one has the resonator delete. But even stock, they're pretty damn loud.

http://www.everydaydriver.com/#!She...tangs-Compared/sbaom/572b7e0e0cf25326f6c62280

I knew it... Prolly why he was getting that drone. rattling the dash. guy must of never experienced drone before.

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I had a GT350 TP on order. I was looking forward to getting something both faster in a straight line and a car that moves out on the track compared to my Boss. Imo the GT350 does not deliver both of those. Between the weight, gearing and lack of low rpm torque the GT350 is no faster in a straight line. Add to the fact the S550 body lost 1 full inch of already precious head room vs the 13-14...... I decided to keep my Boss. I know the GT350 was not built for straight line performance, but neither was the Boss. 99.9% of my driving either of these would be on the srteet. I'm sure the irs makes for a much improved ride and feel. I also know the interior is an upgrade. But for me it just didn't get me as excited as I hoped it would. So I upgraded my DD instead.....

PS.. I ran 11.82 at 116 100% stock on DR in my Boss.... Let's see if a non R 350 can match that all stock..... ;)

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
Yeah. Weird thing for me is I liked my 12 boss more than my 14 Shelby. If that car had a better interior I would have never got rid of it.

Overall the Mustangs the last 5 years have been pretty incredible. Can't complain.

liter of cola

Established Member
Who needs to run 11's when corvette guys drive like this?

https://youtu.be/n68DC6Q37go

But you can run 11's if you know how to drive like us ford guys.

https://youtu.be/8w03PYuSbgY

you gotta remember as well that the 350 has A longer 1st gear than the mt82, doesnt help get that high revving motor off the line. The 350 was specifically designed for the road course. It's transmission was designed for the road course. You cant talk shit about the shelbys straight line performance until you actually drive it.

It would ass rape the boss 302 in a roll race or on a road course.

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I think when the guys compare the GT350 to Porsches and BMWs...they are right on point. The S550 Mustang has now evolved into being a sports car, rather than a traditional muscle car. I can't wait for the GT350 to hit the used car market and depreciate a bit. I would buy one for $40k with a couple of thousand miles on it. I just can't get myself to buy it at the ADM most dealers are charging.

fearthesnake

Established Member
My Boss trapped 116+ stock too... No way would the GT350 be that much faster!!

Don't get me wrong, both cars are awesome. A 350 with DR's would trap everybit of 116 imo. I looked at a nice grey with blue stripe 350 in my area, no ADM but passed. Still prefer my 13, just to dang fun to drive. Maybe grab a used one at a later date.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Some people just have bad taste, it's all good, ugly chicks need love too.

For the rest of us the GT350 is amazing.

I prefer the Boss 302 appearance-wise. That isn't to say that I don't like the GT350 though... one day I hope to pick up one used to park right next to the Boss.

Badass_Forever

Established Member
there are just no good car shows anymore, these guys were awful. i did not find them entertaining at all. motor trend is getting a lot better, cant wait for the new top gear, and the new new top gear.

Users who are viewing this thread