Boss 302 vs Shelby gt350

Zemedici

Established Member
well considering you can almost buy two Boss 302s for what the GT350s are going for now....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No surprises in the comparison review. The Boss 302 was/is a very nice hi-performance Mustang. But the GT-350 is the best Mustang Ford ever built. The bad center console rattle at higher RPMs is a little concerning, though.

Kiohtee

Established Member
No doubt the GT350 is a fast and capable car, but like Josh pointed out... I'd rather have two Boss 302 Mustangs for the price that most people are having to pay for their GT350s. Otherwise, sign me up for a GT350!

CO Mack

Established Member
Can you drive two Boss 302s at the same time? I'm confused...

I "think" the rattle is actually the passenger seatbelt receiver. I've caught a rattle in the console area a couple of times and reached over to push on things. As soon as I touched the seatbelt receiver it stopped.

R1Lello

Established Member
add the depreciation of two, it will probably be greater than one..........maybe :) Both suck as an investment regardless.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
No doubt the GT350 is a fast and capable car, but like Josh pointed out... I'd rather have two Boss 302 Mustangs for the price that most people are having to pay for their GT350s. Otherwise, sign me up for a GT350!

You can only drive one car at a time. Id rather have the 350.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'd trade mine for a GT350. For what it is, the Boss 302 is amazing. But the GT350 is better.

The only argument one could make for the Boss being better would be appearance, and maybe exhaust note... and those are just matters of opinion.

Maybe engine durability if the Voodoo proves to have issues some day... the Roadrunner is pretty stout. But I have my doubts.

Last edited:

jacker1991

Established Member
The only argument one could make for the Boss being better would be appearance, and maybe exhaust note... and those are just matters of opinion.

Some people just have bad taste, it's all good, ugly chicks need love too.

For the rest of us the GT350 is amazing.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
How does the engine allow you to heel-toe more efficiently? Reviewers should be replaced with Clarkson, Hammond, and May.

liter of cola

Established Member
How does the engine allow you to heel-toe more efficiently? Reviewers should be replaced with Clarkson, Hammond, and May.

probably speaking on the fact that the voodoo revs up very quick. making it easier to heel toe cuz you only need to tap the gas pedal a bit rather than giving it a full boot to rev match with the slower revving 5.0.

edit: this video makes me think the gt350 they tested had a res delete, no way they're that loud with the resonators. or are they? thing sounds like an R in this video.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I have not driven a GT350, but feel like my old Boss would run circles around my new 16 GT. I really miss the sound of the Boss at 8k Rpms.....

ArabianOak

Established Member
I realize neither car is designed for straight line speed but does anyone else find it odd that the boss is nearly as fast (even though it weighs the same) but is down 80hp to the 350?

1stShelby

Established Member
Nope, they really are that loud in sport mode.
probably speaking on the fact that the voodoo revs up very quick. making it easier to heel toe cuz you only need to tap the gas pedal a bit rather than giving it a full boot to rev match with the slower revving 5.0.

edit: this video makes me think the gt350 they tested had a res delete, no way they're that loud with the resonators. or are they? thing sounds like an R in this video.

Users who are viewing this thread