Boss 302 or 2015 Mustang GT??

BYUBOSS

Established Member
And this is why i am keeping mine. EVVRABODY has GT's around Lafayette, not many Boss's let alone built SBY Boss's.
Down here in N'Awlins I see lots of GT's and Shelby's but very few Boss's and mine is Comp Orange so it's hard to miss. I've only seen 1 other Boss and that was a few month's ago and it was parked outside a transmission shop in Westwego on hwy 90.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Drive both and decide, the interior of the gt 2015 is much improved over the boss. But overall the boss is more exclusive.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I have had my 13 Boss for 2 1/2 years..... to date I have NEVER seen another red 13 Boss in person.... try that with a 15 up GT... they will eventually be everywhere on the roads.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
You people talking about exclusivity crack me up. Get what makes you happy, who cares what others think.

BYUBOSS

Established Member
While that is true that you buy what makes you happy, for some reason the chapter and verse that says all mustangs must look alike escapes me.

Z O SICK

Established Member
I have had my 13 Boss for 2 1/2 years..... to date I have NEVER seen another red 13 Boss in person.... try that with a 15 up GT... they will eventually be everywhere on the roads.

I agree! I had a different experience lol. I went to a local car show when I had my 13 PW Boss and there was one 12 PW Boss and another 13 PW Boss parked next to mine lol. That being said, there was 3 Boss stangs amoung over 100 GT's.

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Test drove the Boss 302!! I test drove a 2013 SBY BOSS 302. And i loved every moment of driving it! Sounds so damn good! The side baffles were removed so it was fantastic hearing the Boss just breathing like a beast! I didn't even feel like flooring it i just loved cruising in it and hearing it sing to my ears. lol But I had to floor it a little and man it just surprised me even more, sounds better and better the higher the rpm's go.. The steering/handling feel is great. Compared to my Evo X its not as stiff but it's very close, it felt stiffer than the base 15 GT I test drove. I don't know how it would feel compared to the 15 GT with the performance package, but I am sure they are very close in handling, I can tell that it will handle really well. The School Bus Yellow color is beautiful by the way. Now I'm thinking of getting that 13 Yellow instead of the 12 performance white i originally found. But I'm not sure, white is real nice too, but it would be a 2012 B302. I love both colors. Yellow will stick out a lot more, I like the performance white because it won't stick out as much. But School Bus Yellow is really a beautiful color on the Boss.

And based on my thoughts of getting a Boss 302 or a 15 GT.. I want the Boss!! That exhaust note is too good to say no to! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

KBBoss302

Established Member
Hey KarbisSVT - glad you got a chance to finally experience a Boss. They are truly special cars, and so much fun to drive. I am a recovering Evo owner myself ('05 GSR, '08 GSR, '10 MR-T) and I would put the Bosses and Evos in the same group as far as being as much or more fun to drive than anything else out there (yes, I have driven a lot of cars from Elises to 911s of all types/years, Viper ACRs, etc etc etc). Nothing is more fun than a Boss and an Evo in their own ways.

I traded my MR-T for a 2012 Boss, loved every second of that car but then came across an offer I couldn't pass up for a new '13 Boss Laguna Seca. It is my favorite car ever (not my daily driver, thankfully) and the only car that I have ever owned where I can't even contemplate getting rid of it. Part of the fun of the Mustang/Boss world is the plentiful and relatively cheap supply of excellent aftermarket products to improve the car. It starts with maybe some mufflers, then maybe springs and a panhard bar, then control arms, then the next thing you know you have Blowfish Racing and American Muscle on speed dial!

I haven't driven a '15 GT but that should happen soon. One thing I keep reading (including today's review on autoweek.com) is that the new car is a lot more refined, which honestly cuts both ways in my book. My car sounds and feels like a raw, throbbing race car and I love it for that!

Good luck making your decision!

John

Grant808

Established Member
Good luck making the deal! Between those two bosses, I'd prefer the SBY.

Come down to Cars n Coffee Irvine or find me at the track...I'll show you how it handles near it's limits :D

65sohc

Established Member
More power, less weight, adjustable dampers, TracKey, quad exhaust, "head-turnage." I'm keeping my '13 until the GT350 appears. Then my Boss goes to my son.

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Good luck making the deal! Between those two bosses, I'd prefer the SBY.

Come down to Cars n Coffee Irvine or find me at the track...I'll show you how it handles near it's limits :D

Sweet!! I'll definitely take you up on that offer! :D Still working a couple things out, will update everyone on what happens!

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Hey KarbisSVT - glad you got a chance to finally experience a Boss. They are truly special cars, and so much fun to drive. I am a recovering Evo owner myself ('05 GSR, '08 GSR, '10 MR-T) and I would put the Bosses and Evos in the same group as far as being as much or more fun to drive than anything else out there (yes, I have driven a lot of cars from Elises to 911s of all types/years, Viper ACRs, etc etc etc). Nothing is more fun than a Boss and an Evo in their own ways.

I traded my MR-T for a 2012 Boss, loved every second of that car but then came across an offer I couldn't pass up for a new '13 Boss Laguna Seca. It is my favorite car ever (not my daily driver, thankfully) and the only car that I have ever owned where I can't even contemplate getting rid of it. Part of the fun of the Mustang/Boss world is the plentiful and relatively cheap supply of excellent aftermarket products to improve the car. It starts with maybe some mufflers, then maybe springs and a panhard bar, then control arms, then the next thing you know you have Blowfish Racing and American Muscle on speed dial!

I haven't driven a '15 GT but that should happen soon. One thing I keep reading (including today's review on autoweek.com) is that the new car is a lot more refined, which honestly cuts both ways in my book. My car sounds and feels like a raw, throbbing race car and I love it for that!

Good luck making your decision!

John

Awesome! Glad to hear all the great things about the boss! Love it. And yes the aftermarket world is definitely a plus in the mustang/boss world. And as for the Evo's, they are fantastic cars as well. Love the IX's. My 13 X MR made me feel like a road king! lol I feel like ill be driving the Boss all day when i get it.. so it might become a daily.. haha!

And Thank you! I will be updating you guys as soon as i can! :D

- Karbis

BigTaco

Established Member
I am also partial to having the last and best handling live axle mustang that will ever be sold to the general public. Ford really kicked a lot of wholesale ass with the handling and performance of this car. At the time they were built, the boss was blowing the doors off of a lot of other IRS cars that were about twice the price. IRS is and will be better but I dig this about the Boss.

BT

KBBoss302

Established Member
BigTaco - you hit the nail on the head. I have been telling my car friends for years about how cool it is to own the last and best live axle muscle car ever made (sorry, GT500 fans). Still has the live axle and a lot of old school feel combined with a razor sharp chassis. Plus SIDE PIPES from the factory - how flippin cool is that???

KarbisSVT - if your gut is already telling you to get a Boss, the battle is over. I can't think of anyone buying a Boss and regretting it. You see a lot of GT500 guys swapping back and forth with Z06s and GTRs and such, but rarely do Boss owners have anything but undying loyalty to their cars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread