Boss 302 or 2015 Mustang GT??

Randy M

Established Member
I'll be selling my B302 for a GT350 when the time comes. 3,200 miles on it. Looking for $42k. Tint, Magnaflow straight pipes (have stock mufflers) Roush front grills for better cooling.

Rios302

Established Member
I have had my 13 Boss for 2 1/2 years..... to date I have NEVER seen another red 13 Boss in person.... try that with a 15 up GT... they will eventually be everywhere on the roads.
I can honestly tell you that you can't go wrong with either one. I too will be in the same dilemma next year as I am looking to sell/trade my 2011 for either a Boss 302 or a 2015 Mustang GT. I saw the 2015 on the road. It was a black pp car and honestly it look great on the road. The rear was very low and wide, very exotic. The Boss 302 in the other hand is a very special car, it has an awesome engine, great looks and it will keep its price and become a collectors item in the near future. My personal choice at the moment is a school bus yellow 2013 Boss 302 but a 2015 might dropped its value faster to the point where it can become within my reachable budget but who knows.

Boss949

Established Member
I can offer no opinion on the 15. i do have a 13 Boss. in my 64 years I'v had the pleasure to own many sports cars. The Boss is by far the best. Great performance and handling. Spartan without all the luxury items; which I enjoy. limited production, so not many out there.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Ok I have to add this... The 15s design has not grown on me at all. I have seen several on the street and at the track... They all squat down in the back. Even worse with miles! I don't know if it's the IRS or what but it makes an already low rear look even lower imo. Just not feeling it at all.

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
Ok I have to add this... The 15s design has not grown on me at all. I have seen several on the street and at the track... They all squat down in the back. Even worse with miles! I don't know if it's the IRS or what but it makes an already low rear look even lower imo. Just not feeling it at all.

Same here. The rear is boxy like the '66 but the nose is euro sleek. To me it's a design paradox. And I've been trying real hard to accept it. The missing B pillar, while perhaps a relic, is also hard for me to get over. I like the gt350 better as the extra body effects balance it out more but still not in love with it. If the front was less "pinched" looking and more forward facing like the Mustang GT3 concept car that floated around a while ago I'd like it more.

Edit:
mustanggte_crop_web1.jpg

I like how the lights are more forward and not super wrapped into the fender. Also I hate the "gills" and wall eyed lamp placement in the factory models. The above artist nailed it imo.

Last edited:

Grant808

Established Member
Same here. The rear is boxy like the '66 but the nose is euro sleek. To me it's a design paradox. And I've been trying real hard to accept it. The missing B pillar, while perhaps a relic, is also hard for me to get over. I like the gt350 better as the extra body effects balance it out more but still not in love with it. If the front was less "pinched" looking and more forward facing like the Mustang GT3 concept car that floated around a while ago I'd like it more.

Edit:
mustanggte_crop_web1.jpg

I like how the lights are more forward and not super wrapped into the fender. Also I hate the "gills" and wall eyed lamp placement in the factory models. The above artist nailed it imo.

You're absolutely right about the pinched look up front. After seeing the GT350 in person, it all made sense. The width at the quarter panels would be tough for Ford to change from model to model, but the GT350 got the widened fenders which match the rear... and that must have been incorporated from the beginning when they locked in the S550 platform dimensions.

IamRacerX

Established Member

Edit:
mustanggte_crop_web1.jpg

I agree!! The lights look better for sure. I am so trying to like the S550 body style, while the GT350 does look better (I haven't seen it in person) I still feel like it just looks ok. I am excited about the driveline and suspension. Lots of rumors still flying around, but if it's 36xx lbs 525+hp at 52.9k... It might be my next ride.

IamRacerX

Established Member
It's sad, but the bottom line is the new Mustang GT does not out perform the Camaro... In reality it doesn't really out perform the 13-14 GT by much if at all.

86Fbody

Established Member
It's sad, but the bottom line is the new Mustang GT does not out perform the Camaro... In reality it doesn't really out perform the 13-14 GT by much if at all.

Because Ford for all of their engineering genius just can't make a track pack that anyone would actually keep on their car for more then their virgin HPDE event and then quickly realize other than the cooling and brakes and seats the package is BS.

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Any updates?

Still working on it. I'm looking at two Boss 302's. 2012. Both white. Found one with a rear seat delete and roll cage, 7,100 miles, $37,000 looks awesome just not sure if i'll should go for that one.. and another %100 stock sitting at carmax $8,200 miles which they are asking $41,000 for... hmmm.

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Guys so i found a 12 Boss 302 Laguna Seca!! 2K miles for $38,999 I am thinking this may be the one. Its Black! What do you guys think of it between a standard Boss 302.. Don't think there is much difference besides the rear seat delete and x brace, is there anything else besides that? The price makes it real tempting.

legos_mustang

Established Member
Guys so i found a 12 Boss 302 Laguna Seca!! 2K miles for $38,999 I am thinking this may be the one. Its Black! What do you guys think of it between a standard Boss 302.. Don't think there is much difference besides the rear seat delete and x brace, is there anything else besides that? The price makes it real tempting.

Absolutely I would go with the Boss LS for $39K. The LS also has the center console gauges which I like. I had it installed in my Boss but with some different gauges and it makes a difference. Anyway, just for resale value and how exclusive the LS Boss is, it would be a no-brainer for me.

As for the 2015 with the track pack. I disagree with Ford saying that the baseline they used was the Boss and that it is faster than the Boss....etc.

I've only sat in a 2015 as a passenger on the track, but the 2015 is WAY underdamped... and the IRS suffers from wheel hop way worse than a stock Boss will. It is a lots smoother especially if you are cutting the curbs on tunrs, but once you get used to the Boss, it doesn't bother you.

I haven't followed the aftermarket for the 2015, but with some better springs and dampers and probably some tighter bushings and stronger bracing in the rear, it will likely come close to the Boss, but my friend could pull faster lap times with my Boss than he could with his new 2015.

Anyway, also remember how much beefed up the internals of the Boss are. If you do decide to track your car, you definitely want the forged internals to be able to take the high RPM for long periods of time.

Enough rambling.. just buy the Boss LS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread