Boss 302 fog light delete?

cmsnake

Established Member
Is this part available to purchase? I kinda like the deleted fog light look in the upper grille. I wonder how it would look on my GT...

cbrtrx

Established Member
pshhhh now so? the air movement is coming from the drivers side fender... not from the front... :read:

No the air come from directly behind the drivers side fog light. I can stick my hand straight thru the fog light opening and into the air scoop and practically touch the filter. Try it.

cbrtrx

Established Member
Here's a pic

IMAG0580.jpg

cmsnake

Established Member
^Yeah I kinda like the fog light delete look. I think it would look even better with the Boss 302 'filler' in there...or whatever it is. Id still like to know if they're available anywhere.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Yes, they are available. I personally don't like it as it blocks alot of air flow to the radiator, but to each their own. Last i heard they were on back order from ford til february, though that may have changed. They come unpainted, so you can either install it and it will be all black, or you can get the outer section painted so it looks more like the boss

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
6280537378_dee2ff0ef8_b.jpg

This is a comparision of the different bumpers, but with the new grill and no fog lights, its most definatly pulls air from the front. MAybe later i will get a pic on the opening going to the box.

6280032949_0d61bb8550_b.jpg

cmsnake

Established Member
Yes, they are available. I personally don't like it as it blocks alot of air flow to the radiator, but to each their own. Last i heard they were on back order from ford til february, though that may have changed. They come unpainted, so you can either install it and it will be all black, or you can get the outer section painted so it looks more like the boss

How does it block anymore flow to the radiator than the OEM fog light that is already there?

EDIT: Maybe you are referring to removing the fog light assembly all together vs the OEM foglight or boss filler when comparing flow to the radiator? Idk, maybe im confusing myself more lol.

Last edited:

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
How does it block anymore flow to the radiator than the OEM fog light that is already there?

EDIT: Maybe you are referring to removing the fog light assembly all together vs the OEM foglight or boss filler when comparing flow to the radiator? Idk, maybe im confusing myself more lol.

A cheaper way to add more flow without the purchase of a new grill would be to buy a dremel or borrow one and just shave out the plastic in each honeycomb in the stock grill.

cmsnake

Established Member
A cheaper way to add more flow without the purchase of a new grill would be to buy a dremel or borrow one and just shave out the plastic in each honeycomb in the stock grill.
True.

AM is currently selling the BOSS grill with foglight delete

American Muscle sells this part.
Thanks guys. Just checked it out and that cleared it up for me. I started the post simply because I liked the look of the deleted fog lights but wanted to keep the pony emblem bc I think it looks alot betther than the tri-bar. So to get the look I think im after it would be easier to just buy blackouts for the fogs...

chico_mustangs

Established Member
Here's mine. I used mesh from the hardware store and painted it black, it looked awesome and prevented anything large from getting through the openings.

2011-09-23_14-03-07_850.jpg

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
chico: that looks pretty good, any chance to get a better close up??

I guess all the grills like roush and saleen allow for better airflow to the box?

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
chico: that looks pretty good, any chance to get a better close up??

I guess all the grills like roush and saleen allow for better airflow to the box?

Yes a world of difference in airflow to not only the radiator but the intake as well

Roush grille FTW. :)

couldn't agree more

Heres a few i snapped for those of you that are on the fence about airflow.

This is the roush grill, but as you can see lots more air flow.
6281856870_2b606124bc_b.jpg

Now for the intake box heres a shot of the opening that leads to the intake. Now with the stock grill there is alot of plastic and a fog light in the way of this opening.

6281856382_b6c35e76f5_b.jpg

So to just be clear, whichever grill you go with Roush, AM, Saleen your car will thank you for the better flow and cooling to your engine.

chuckstang

Established Member
Yes a world of difference in airflow to not only the radiator but the intake as well

couldn't agree more

Heres a few i snapped for those of you that are on the fence about airflow.

This is the roush grill, but as you can see lots more air flow.
6281856870_2b606124bc_b.jpg

Now for the intake box heres a shot of the opening that leads to the intake. Now with the stock grill there is alot of plastic and a fog light in the way of this opening.

6281856382_b6c35e76f5_b.jpg

So to just be clear, whichever grill you go with Roush, AM, Saleen your car will thank you for the better flow and cooling to your engine.

And far worse aerodynamics and fuel economy.

Ford strategically sealed off certain sections of the stock GT and Boss 302 grille for a reason.

I am not understanding why everyone assumes the Roush and other completely open grilles are better.

chuck@evolution- Do you see the boss 302 grille being more restrictive than the factory GT grille with fogs?

chuckstang

Established Member
Also, with the roush grille, does too much pressue build under the hood at high speeds?

I know the GT500 I had was not a completely open grille for that reason...to prevent the hood from fluttering at speed and potentially flying off!

Users who are viewing this thread