Boss 302 + Cat Deletes + X Pipe + Corsa Extremes is the best exhaust note ever?!?!?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Delete this thread

Delete this thread mods. Thanks

Last edited:

likuid_inc

Established Member
car sounds mean. i would never pass emissions in NY with that, but enjoy it man. Drive safe

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
car sounds mean. i would never pass emissions in NY with that, but enjoy it man. Drive safe

Thanks bro I appreciate it...Too much traffic after work this evening I'll have to make another vid with full 7800rpm pulls... :)

likuid_inc

Established Member
I just installed the Borla Touring on my 01 cobra with the stock h pipes and headers. Sounds good for me, I put the top down and its like music. Now if only I could afford a helion turbo so i hear that blow off valve. one day one day

RSbeast

Established Member
Afters years of vettes with full exhausts; I guess my ears are broken. They just sound sooooo good.

I still haven't heard a coyote sound I fell in love with. Coyote stock cars sound badass, but it's just noise not tone.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Afters years of vettes with full exhausts; I guess my ears are broken. They just sound sooooo good.

I still haven't heard a coyote sound I fell in love with. Coyote stock cars sound badass, but it's just noise not tone.

I like Vette exhaust notes...But I definitely like the sound of my quad cam Roadrunner(not coyote) engine better...To me it has a choppier exhaust note that sounds better to me...to each his own...

RSbeast

Established Member
Well, I mean aside from the loftier tach, they sound the same. You're not going to hear a revised exhaust port and a touch of duration on exhaust cam (esp ones that do as much as possible for a smooth idle with the VCT. I've even helped upgrade a 5.0 to boss spec; didn't change the sound. Now that's not to take away, it's just aside from signature Boss 302 muffler and actual chambered exhaust (ala Laguna Seca) the difference is nil.

Back on topic though, 'Coyote' cars either sound like truck night, or are crazy buzzy. The sound is definitely less mellow for sure. The exhaust kind of pulses, much like all 4v cars where they kinda sound like they are underwater at idle. They are just hard to get overall consistently good sound out out of since they lost the mid muffler design.

I LOVE corsas on pretty much anything. I had a 3v with longtubes, corsa sports and an off-road X. Sounded killer at WOT; but that same 'glass packish' sound at cruise and part throttle. FWIW you really need longtubes before you hear any good noise out of anything. They quiet down that part throttle and idle garbage noise and howl up top.

Like I said, my ears are broke :p

D1SC_GT

Banned
Does it sound good? Yes

Best-sounding? Nope

The 2V and non-Coyote 4V's sound the best

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Sounds good, but I'm partial to Bosses.... ;)

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Well, I mean aside from the loftier tach, they sound the same. You're not going to hear a revised exhaust port and a touch of duration on exhaust cam (esp ones that do as much as possible for a smooth idle with the VCT. I've even helped upgrade a 5.0 to boss spec; didn't change the sound. Now that's not to take away, it's just aside from signature Boss 302 muffler and actual chambered exhaust (ala Laguna Seca) the difference is nil.

Back on topic though, 'Coyote' cars either sound like truck night, or are crazy buzzy. The sound is definitely less mellow for sure. The exhaust kind of pulses, much like all 4v cars where they kinda sound like they are underwater at idle. They are just hard to get overall consistently good sound out out of since they lost the mid muffler design.

I LOVE corsas on pretty much anything. I had a 3v with longtubes, corsa sports and an off-road X. Sounded killer at WOT; but that same 'glass packish' sound at cruise and part throttle. FWIW you really need longtubes before you hear any good noise out of anything. They quiet down that part throttle and idle garbage noise and howl up top.

Like I said, my ears are broke :p

Lol cool but it's all subjective hence why I posted so many question marks and exclamation points in my OP...Somewhat joking...

And on the motor. I know several supercharged 6.2L Chevy renditions that are dimensionally the same but vastly different that I'm sure you would correct me on if I called by the wrong name...I.E calling the new LT4 a LS9, etc....Not to mention several other physical differences inside the Roadrunner that make it much more stout than a Coyote...

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I've heard the GT350 in person and heard mine...I think mine sounds better. But I got responses here that I figured I'd get LOL...Fun times.

MFE

Established Member
That is literally the first Corsa exhaust I've ever heard that I didn't think sounded like sweaty ass on a platter.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
That is literally the first Corsa exhaust I've ever heard that I didn't think sounded like sweaty ass on a platter.

Lol I like some sweaty asses...Just depending on whose ass it is...Like Jessica Biel sweaty ass would be just fine with me...

Ackbar00

The Peoples Choice
Established Member
I've heard the GT350 in person and heard mine...I think mine sounds better. But I got responses here that I figured I'd get LOL...Fun times.

Not being a dick, but your does NOT sound better than this:

[video=youtube;tfZ8UMjuIeI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfZ8UMjuIeI[/video]

Its sort of like this drive thru down the ways from my house. Advertises "The Coldest Beer on Earth". I've tried it, its cold, just not the coldest on Earth.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread