Bosch 17321 up stream O2 sensor reviews

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Has anyone used these up stream O2's? With the recent thread started by Shaun@AED about either replacing the O2's every ~6 months or having the rear O2's active to allow the factory pcm the calibrate the fronts, it just got me thinking. My rear O2's are active but I've still replaced the upstream O2's 3 times in the last 4-5 months, all with OEM Ford sensors at $125 a pop. Luckily, this last go around I got one of them replaced under the 12 month/12,000 mile parts warranty. So I'm curious if any one has used them, looking for experienced reviews as they average about $50 retail. I would figure they are great as I'm sure Bosch most likely manufacturers them for Ford anyways, but still, curious.

SixPak

Established Member
I lost a few O2 sensors over the last couple of years and went with some aftermarket stuff off of AM. They lasted no better than OEM. I recently discovered thru fault codes that they had failed again and my tuner 'highly recommended' that I stay with OEM because he said that he gets better results tuning with them.
My car has never run better than it does right now, so I am not going to argue with success.

Just my $.02

Edit: Sorry, but don't recall the mfr of the O2's I bought off of AM.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I lost a few O2 sensors over the last couple of years and went with some aftermarket stuff off of AM. They lasted no better than OEM. I recently discovered thru fault codes that they had failed again and my tuner 'highly recommended' that I stay with OEM because he said that he gets better results tuning with them.
My car has never run better than it does right now, so I am not going to argue with success.

Just my $.02

Edit: Sorry, but don't recall the mfr of the O2's I bought off of AM.

Thanks for the reply. I just looked up on AM's site and all they seem to have is NGK sensors.

Lund also recommended using spacers which he believes may help the O2's last longer. I'd like to try them out as well but the ones he linked were by Innovate and like $90 each Anyone have a more budget friendly recommendation for a spacer? Most of the ones I have found are compatible with the rear O2's but I believe the threads are different.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
For anyone curious, the Bosch sensors are OE, they make them for Ford. I just had it confirmed by a reputable shop who uses them in packages and Lund tunes for them. I had another sensor go bad today so I'm going to be using the 17321 Bosch sensor and installing spacers.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
How are you guys burning through the front o2 sensors so fast? Are you running E85 or something? I am running the front o2 sensors from AM(NTK/NGK) and they have been fine for 2 years or so.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Also good to know there is a cheaper replacement than the ones from AM. They are charging 160 a piece. That's highway robbery IMO

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
How are you guys burning through the front o2 sensors so fast? Are you running E85 or something? I am running the front o2 sensors from AM(NTK/NGK) and they have been fine for 2 years or so.

I only ran one tank of e85 on these sensors which I replaced about 3 weeks ago. I am installing the innovate spacers with the new sensors on Monday.

And yeah, the Bosch sensors are way cheaper, you can find them for $55-$60 each just about errwhere.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Also wanted to ask the question, is the 6 month recommendation for replacing the front o2 sensors for a daily driven car? I don't daily drive mine, just on the weekends when the weather is nice. I have a Lund tune with an offroad pipe so my rear sensors are turned off.

Shaun@AED

DO NOT RUN AFTERMARKET SENSORS!
Only OEM! It is critical to run the correct Wideband O2 sensors. The ECU is setup with very specific calibration of the O2.
We've already seen several cars with O2 problems from Bosch and other 'aftermarket' O2 sensors, all issues resolved when re-installing OEM units.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
DO NOT RUN AFTERMARKET SENSORS!
Only OEM! It is critical to run the correct Wideband O2 sensors. The ECU is setup with very specific calibration of the O2.
We've already seen several cars with O2 problems from Bosch and other 'aftermarket' O2 sensors, all issues resolved when re-installing OEM units.

Shaun, Bosch makes the OEM sensor, not sure why you'd see a difference. I wouldn't trust trust anything else, like the walker or AC delco.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The Bosch is OEM, some photos just to show they have the same numbers, minus the ford p/n. I'll do a side by side tomorrow when I get the car in the air.

cb89fa8445ddb7e29a3fc928253e4ffe.jpg

8a7242ab50eeb0e16c82d28483b32d71.jpg

e68a704c4d90a08b7709d33614d10b7c.jpg

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
So guys. Not to hijack your thread OP, but our o2's are stock and the longtubes have been on for about 4 years. Both bama, when it was tuned by them, and lund turned them off, the car really pops and backfires when downshifting. It also runs rich. Never datalogged it either (I know I got to just been really busy) Could it be from the front o2s being out of calibration or is the tune just a bit off? I mean the car runs really good and pulls really hard.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Front O2's will always be on, pcm needs them to be so I'm sure you're fine (other than the bama tune) but yes, I'd rather pay $60 for the Bosch vs $120/130 for the same sensor with the "Ford" stamp on it.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I paid almost 300 for the set not too long ago. Very cool to see how they look identical and good info to know for next time.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Front O2's will always be on, pcm needs them to be so I'm sure you're fine (other than the bama tune) but yes, I'd rather pay $60 for the Bosch vs $120/130 for the same sensor with the "Ford" stamp on it.

Yes sir that what I meant. I think Shaun is the only one that leaves the rear 02s on no matter what. I'm sure what he does it just leaves them on and disables the codes Po420 and Po430 so no check engine light comes on. No bama tune anymore. It hasn't been on since I was able to contact lund and get a revision for the new setup. Bama was just a backup tune sort of. Do you think we need new o2s or just datalog? Could lund tell if the front o2s need to be replaced in a datalog?

Users who are viewing this thread