Borla Stingers?

cobra=trouble

Established Member
ok i got the yseterday..i dont know what runs2ruh was talking about or smoking? ,,the welds / bends look premo! tha packaging was ''GREAT'' alls good the borlas !

ordered from here say you on here get discount.best price i found

Contact Us

cobra=trouble

Established Member
good packagen look
1280022.jpg

jcveron

Established Member
so if not stingers, then what is the next option to go with long tubes and offroad x? im looking for the sound that the borlas give off. i believe that the magnaflow will not be aggressive enough for me

Jefe

Established Member
Anyone have a link for the Stinger mufflers only..?
$165 a piece

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Borla-40842S-S-Type-Muffler/dp/B0018JDG0I/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1279832365&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Borla 40842S S-Type Muffler: Automotive[/ame]

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm not mad, just figured that you would have shared this info before. If you didn't have the info then, it's kind of hard to let me know.

rut roh

i bought a set last summer for my vert and installed them in my garage on jack stands. The fitment was perfect. I had them on in less than an hour. The tips and welds looked great. Whatever $8/hr technician at borla working with inferior products seemed to work magic on my set because they still fit/look/sound great today and i live in an extremely humid/hot/rainy location that is highly conducive to salty corrosion. They look great 15000 daily driven miles later :beer:

xfrosty63x

Established Member
I received a replacement set from Borla due to my fitment issues. Hopefully I'll have time off this weekend to install them.

But I did notice I have an exhaust leak between the Bassani X-Pipe and the Borla kit due to the difference in sizes because of the small 2.25" flared pipe in Borla's kit. If this replacement kit fits properly, I'm going to have someone weld in a 2.5" flared piece. There is obvious exhaust residue left between the connections, and I'm hearing what certainly sounds like a leak. I'll be replacing my gasket between the mid-pipe and passenger side exhaust manifold to be sure the noise isn't coming from there. But there is definite residue and poor alignment between the X-Pipe and mufflers.

One more thing, Borla's flange connectors are crap compared to Bassani's. Bassani's are still nice and shiny, while Borla's have already rusted over after less than a month. It is obvious Borla needs to work on their products.

I'll be posting pics of this soon. Borla also required a credit card to place on record in case they don't receive anything back. At first they just wanted to send me specific parts to their kit to try out, but I made them send a full kit so I don't have to waste more time by hoping they can tell the problem by looking at pictures.

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
does anyone sell a borla stinger catback for a sra for semi cheap? i am in the search for one cause i think i wanna go with these... but i dont want to spend over 600 on it .. thats just over the limit for exhaust when i can get magnaflow again for under 400:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread