borla stingers mac prochamber

Status
Not open for further replies.

stangfreak

Established Member
i just put on a off road mac prochamber. i have the stinger catback and omfg is it loud. it sounds like glass packs not even at wot. at idle its deep and just noisy. you rev it a bit and its raspy.

also, when the car is cold, on start up, its soooooo raspy i actually hate it. then after like 45 seconds or a bit more, the raspy sound starts to go away.

im going with the magnaflow catback

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Yea I can imagine how loud Stingers and O/R prochamber is... :bash:
I have the Prochamber with Magnaflow CB and it sounds awesome. at idle and low crusing speeds it is very tame and growly, and on WOT its a monster!

I have a tiny sound clip that I'll post up in a few :beer:

stangfreak

Established Member
knowfreed0m said:
Yea I can imagine how loud Stingers and O/R prochamber is... :bash:
I have the Prochamber with Magnaflow CB and it sounds awesome. at idle and low crusing speeds it is very tame and growly, and on WOT its a monster!

I have a tiny sound clip that I'll post up in a few :beer:

yes please post it up!! i want to hear it at idle. bc i cannot drive my car with this setup. even cruising its annoying

stangfreak

Established Member
Sonik Blur said:
Me too! I was considering the Prochamber, but now I don't know...if you have a sound clip, please post it!!

-Mike

well if you have the stingers, id recommend the catted prochamber, might keep it a bit quieter. but the prochamber is a tq monster. you gain a lot of tq with them.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
stangfreak said:
i just put on a off road mac prochamber. i have the stinger catback and omfg is it loud. it sounds like glass packs not even at wot. at idle its deep and just noisy. you rev it a bit and its raspy.

also, when the car is cold, on start up, its soooooo raspy i actually hate it. then after like 45 seconds or a bit more, the raspy sound starts to go away.

Wow! I had the exact opposite opinion. I had the same setup before I sold the Stingers for the Mac catback. I think the prochamber made the stingers sound better. Deeper and less raspy. :shrug: I was waiting for it to be really loud after adding the prochamber. It wasnt that much louder, just deeper. I liked it!

stangfreak

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
Wow! I had the exact opposite opinion. I had the same setup before I sold the Stingers for the Mac catback. I think the prochamber made the stingers sound better. Deeper and less raspy. :shrug: I was waiting for it to be really loud after adding the prochamber. It wasnt that much louder, just deeper. I liked it!

i dont know man lol my car sounds like glass packs lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
stangfreak said:
well if you have the stingers, id recommend the catted prochamber, might keep it a bit quieter. but the prochamber is a tq monster. you gain a lot of tq with them.
You're right--if you keep the Stingers always get a catted mid-pipe or it sounds like *ss.
If you want to keep the o/r pro-chamber and like the look of the stinger tips, just get the Borla street muffler CB (pn 18858 :shrug: ) with the same tips.
I had Stingers + o/r Bassani :xpl: worse than rice
I now have a custom CB using Borla street muffs and Stinger tips (CB like Borla now sells) with o/r Pro-chamber and its the best sounding Terminator I've heard.
-J
:beer:

stangfreak

Established Member
biminiLX said:
You're right--if you keep the Stingers always get a catted mid-pipe or it sounds like *ss.
If you want to keep the o/r pro-chamber and like the look of the stinger tips, just get the Borla street muffler CB (pn 18858 :shrug: ) with the same tips.
I had Stingers + o/r Bassani :xpl: worse than rice
I now have a custom CB using Borla street muffs and Stinger tips (CB like Borla now sells) with o/r Pro-chamber and its the best sounding Terminator I've heard.
-J
:beer:

is it loud during cruising?

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Ya it sounds really good to me.
The maggies keep the prochamber in line untill you hit 4k when it really wakes up.
Tommarow I'll get a in car clip going WOT so you can hear how loud it is.

Im happy with it overall :beer:

stangfreak

Established Member
awesome bro, i wil llook foward to that clip.

another question for you. how do you think the maggies compare to the other style borla catbck? not the stingers. i heard its quieter??

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Well I haven't heard the Borla's in person but I think the Magnaflows are a bit louder.

IMO* Magnaflows are the best sounding exhaust on these cars.
Not obnoxiously loud but wakes up when you get on it. Magnaflows are also very top quaility and great fitment.

mustang_walker

Established Member
By Bassani

stangfreak said:

And sell those borla mufflers and please forget the rest Bassani sounds ten times better than magnaflow. LFP WILL HOOK YOU UP. Bassani= you have to drive slow to keep from running kids and old folks in the house from fear. Magnaflow=you got to stomp the $h!t out of it to hear it. ----> _____

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread