Borla Stinger tips bad?

Pred_mech

Established Member
So the tips on my stingers are turning a bronze color. No matter what I try, I don't think they are stainless. More like some chrome plated stuff. Anyone have some input?

Thanks,
Daniel

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
You’re talking about the edge of the tips right?

I have the same problem.

borladualround.gif

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Don't know what issues ya'll are having...I've had my system on for about 13k miles...the tips are most definitely stainless.

Mothers Mag/Aluminum polish or Billet works perfectly.

Combine with a mini Powerball and you should be able to cut through any stains on the tips. PB Blast penetrant lube will aid in cutting through road grime as well. If you can find it; a gray ScotchBrite works well. Notice I said GRAY...its way weaker than green.

If none of that pans out; Cameo sink cleaner (on your grocers cleaner aisle) may be able to handle it...but be prepared to spend some time polishing afterwards; it is highly abrasive and will leave some fine marks behind.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
thanks mblgir, that's good advice. I bought my borla system used and my tips need to be cleaned up...sounds like a good winter project to me.

Pred_mech

Established Member
I mean the whole tip. I even tried wet sanding and its a copper color. Also its a PITA to clean because the plastic bumper crap is so close to it....

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
I've had my chrome peal off on my driver side tip. Other than that I do have a little discoloration on the tip edges themselves, but nothing else on the outer chrome...

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Someone correct me if I'm lost here...but there is nothing chrome about the Borla tips. They are merely highly polished 304 stainless.

03zycobra

Established Member
Borla tips are definately stainless. They should polish out. If not, aren't they under warrenty for a million miles. See if they will honor it.

Users who are viewing this thread