Borla question

92gt

Established Member
Hi guys I heard some clips of Borla catback and I really like the sound. Now my only concern is that I heard quality when down hill and fitment is not great in the past years. Is this true? please let me know

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I think that guy that was posting saying Borla's quality sucks etc etc got fired from the company and was mad about it. I ordered my catback right after those posts went up and the quality is great.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Damn thats a really good price. I cant find it cheaper than $700.

Yeah, same thing I found all the time when I was just kinda looking. I just stumbled into Amazon one day and found them at that price, and just couldn't say no.

92gt

Established Member
I think that guy that was posting saying Borla's quality sucks etc etc got fired from the company and was mad about it. I ordered my catback right after those posts went up and the quality is great.

Yeah thats the same guy I read some about him saying the quality went downhill. I guess he was upset. I just need to find the catback for a good price.

xfrosty63x

Established Member
I doubt even Lethal can beat that price with the Free Shipping that AutoAnything is offering.

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
I too have heard the issue regarding Borla's quality going down hill; I can kind of vouch for it too.

I can tell a difference between the workmanship in my Steeda catback which I previously owned and the Borla stinger catback which I currently own; especially with regards to welding and painting. The Steeda catback was made in 2005 and the Borla stinger catback was made in 2010 (from the sticker on the side of the boxes). The quality from 2005 was definitely better by far.

With regards to fitment; both kits went together very easily. The only tweeking I had to do was how far I wanted the tips to stick out from the bumper. If you have a Billetflow IRS brace the fit will be a little tight between it and the passenger side pipe. I just shimed it with a 1/4" washer before tightening all the clamps.

Last edited:

VT4ever

Established Member
I bought a used stinger system when I bought my car last year and it didn't have any fitment issues. Not sure when it was originally made but Borla is a reputable brand so I'm sure the quality and fitment will be good.

Users who are viewing this thread