Borla or Bassani?

Jefe

Established Member
That is what I was thinking.. Would you buy a catted X, or an O/R X? Also does anyone know where to get the Bassani Catback cheaper than buying it at Lethal Performance? Oh and Deftones, if you could post a clip that would be awesome!
Check this first: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...sold-cobra-new-full-bassani-exhaust-sale.html

Stainless: BAS-46975S - Bassani Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3.5" Stainless Tips (96-97 Mustang GT, Cobra) - 1994-2004 Mustang Catbacks - Mustang Performance Parts

Last edited:

Deftones

Established Member
That is what I was thinking.. Would you buy a catted X, or an O/R X? Also does anyone know where to get the Bassani Catback cheaper than buying it at Lethal Performance? Oh and Deftones, if you could post a clip that would be awesome!

Sorry Bro, I dont have a camcorder. I will try to get a vid with my digital camera this weekend. I had cats on my all Bassani setup when I first got the car. It was a little bit louder when I put the off road legs on but not alot.:rockon:

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
I am inthe same dilema! I already have a Bassani catted X, now what catback! I don't care if it is a bit loud. ITS A COBRA! Haha, jk. I understand some people wanna cruise. My car is already Orange and couldnt look any louder!

yyz82

Established Member
I am inthe same dilema! I already have a Bassani catted X, now what catback! I don't care if it is a bit loud. ITS A COBRA! Haha, jk. I understand some people wanna cruise. My car is already Orange and couldnt look any louder!

LOL, well said :rockon:

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I've had both catbacks. The Bassani for looks, Borla for sound. Although you may want the Bassani since you said you want something a little quieter. I wish I could have the Bassani tips for the Borla catback.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I have had both and i have to say Stingers all the way,Although the Bassani does sound sick:beer: I like the more aggresive sound of the stingers with the catted x,Stay away from the o/r x i had it before and it sounded like ass!! Also you cant beat the awesome rolled tips:rockon: The Borla is just a bad ass catback!!!
018.jpg

029.jpg

040.jpg

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
I have had both and i have to say Stingers all the way,Although the Bassani does sound sick:beer: I like the more aggresive sound of the stingers with the catted x,Stay away from the o/r x i had it before and it sounded like ass!! Also you cant beat the awesome rolled tips:rockon: The Borla is just a bad ass catback!!!
018.jpg

029.jpg

040.jpg

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
Well put. Love the pics. I myself like the rolled tips because it give some substance to the exhast when behind the car. Single walled tips can't really be seen by the camaro which is trying to keep up. Jk. (my sis has a 68 camaro so I have to give her shit).

Anyways, I think the majority says Borla for sound and bassani for the tips. If you happen to like the rolled tips, the impression I am feeling is Borla all the way.

Looks like I will be installing some stingers this weekend...

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Pretty much I think everyone is coming up with the same opinion. Borla for sound and Bassani for the tips lol. Damn now if only the could make Borla sound with bassani tips, they would probably make a killing! They could call it Borssani lol. Anyways thanks guys for all your reply's, this helps a lot. :beer:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
My reason is because I already have the Bassani catback so being everything is the same other than the tips and mufflers, I'm just going to keep my Bassani piping and tips and fab some stingers into it

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Yeah, the borla makes a deeper, louder and more throaty sound IMO. Mated with a upr o/r x, Bassani catted x or o/r prochamber, they sound amazing!

black 10th vert

Established Member
Anybody know where you can buy just the stinger mufflers without the whole catback? I'd like to try a set in my Bassani catback. I have a fully polished setup, and like the look, so I see no point in changing the whole thing.

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
Well. I put on the stingers with my bassani x and wow!! They sound amazing!!

That being said, they might be just a bit too loud for everyday driving and working nights. So I might be selling them for the bassani, but want some clips. Anyone have sound clips of bassani catted x with bassani 2.5 catback?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Well. I put on the stingers with my bassani x and wow!! They sound amazing!!

That being said, they might be just a bit too loud for everyday driving and working nights. So I might be selling them for the bassani, but want some clips. Anyone have sound clips of bassani catted x with bassani 2.5 catback?

Are you running Bassani offroad X and borla stingers?
I'm running Bassani catted X with the ability to run offroad and borla stingers...sounds the best catted period...plenty of vids on this setup

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
Are you running Bassani offroad X and borla stingers?
I'm running Bassani catted X with the ability to run offroad and borla stingers...sounds the best catted period...plenty of vids on this setup

I also have a Bassani catted X. I am looking for vids of the Bassani catted X with Bassani catback.

yyz82

Established Member
Im thinking about goin with a SS MAC catback after hearing it. I was thinking borla stingers all the way but may have changed my mind.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Im thinking about goin with a SS MAC catback after hearing it. I was thinking borla stingers all the way but may have changed my mind.

Yeah, i was set on stingers too but now i want the mac. Cant beat that chambered sound on these cars. Much more aggressive i think... :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread