Borla or Bassani?

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Well guys I am going to buy exhaust here shortly and I can not figure out what I want to get! I have narrowed it down to Borla Stingers or Bassani. I want an aggressive sound that is a little loud but not ear hurting loud. I am really not a fan of how the borla stingers tips look either, but I hear that they are the best for our Cobra's. What setup are you guys running with your bassani? I love the look of Bassani and the 4" tips. Let me know what you guys think! Also if you could post up some pics of the exhaust on your car that would be great!

Thanks Again! :beer:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
i love my borla stingers and get lots of compliments on them

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

Last edited:

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
We are going with Bassani as soon as we are able. A friend has them and they sound awesome to us. :pepper:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Im running a bassani O/R X and SS catback on my car with the 4" tips. Ill post pics and vids when i get home on my own computer.

I agree, bassani's tips look MUCH better than pretty much any other tips out there. They fill up the cutouts in the bumper perfectly and im a big fan of the single wall slash cut style tips. Magnaflow tips arent bad but not as nice as the bassani's.

I personally want to swap my catback for borla stingers though. The bassani sounds and looks great, just want to go louder but i like LOUD so the bassani is prob perfect for most! If i could get a borla stinger C/B and keep my bassani tips, that would be ideal...

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Im running a bassani O/R X and SS catback on my car with the 4" tips. Ill post pics and vids when i get home on my own computer.

I agree, bassani's tips look MUCH better than pretty much any other tips out there. They fill up the cutouts in the bumper perfectly and im a big fan of the single wall slash cut style tips. Magnaflow tips arent bad but not as nice as the bassani's.

I personally want to swap my catback for borla stingers though. The bassani sounds and looks great, just want to go louder but i like LOUD so the bassani is prob perfect for most! If i could get a borla stinger C/B and keep my bassani tips, that would be ideal...

Yea man exactly, for some reason I dont like how you can see the Borla's tips go into a smaller diameter. But I do like how the stingers sound.. Man decisions decisions lol

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
What is everyone running as far as Bassani exhaust.. I dont even know what setup I would get either. Or which one I would buy from someone who might be a little cheaper than Lethal Performance.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Yeah man, i dont care for the rolled lip tips that the borla comes with. I also prefer the stainless look over chrome. Its more durable too.

Whatever you get, run bassani tips IMO. Im actually considering just keeping my bassani and bolting in some stingers or other mufflers of choice since i like the look of the catback so much...

Jefe

Established Member
Haha im in the same boat kind of. I have a bassani catted X pipe with bassani catback and I want Stingers but dont want to lose the 4" Bassani tips. I will be buying Stinger mufflers from someone here and welding them in. Ill have bassani mufflers for sale if anyones interested(need Stingers first though)

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
I recently traded my Stingers for Bassani.

The reason being, I have a stock H on right now and the Borla's were amazing. The Bassani's on the other hand and a noticeably quieter set up.

My fear was when I get the O/R X the Stingers would be too loud (heard them on another cobra...not hanks). So I went Bassani.

ITL Cobra

Established Member
I have a bassani catted X and borla stingers.. Love the sound, get a lot of compliments... This is my 4th exhaust setup.

1st Magnaflow Stock X
2nd Managflow UPR OR X. (Sound was ok)
3rd Borla Stingers UPR OR X (Too Loud)
4th Borla Stingers bassani catted X.....

Last edited:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Haha im in the same boat kind of. I have a bassani catted X pipe with bassani catback and I want Stingers but dont want to lose the 4" Bassani tips. I will be buying Stinger mufflers from someone here and welding them in. Ill have bassani mufflers for sale if anyones interested(need Stingers first though)

Yeah man, the bassani tips cant be beat IMO! SLP tips look great and so do the mag tips but they are both only 3.5" and the 4" looks so much better back there. The borla tips look good, just shorter and rolled so i dont like them as much.

Im prob just gonna keep my bassani as well and just pick a pair of louder muffs to bolt in and polish it all out. Considering dynomax race bullets, Stingers or mac flowpaths.

Im prob gonna swap my bassani O/R X if i do that to a UPR...

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I have a bassani catted X and borla stingers.. Love the sound, get a lot of compliments... This is my 4th exhaust setup.

1st Magnaflow Stock X
2nd Managflow UPR OR X. (Sound was ok)
3rd Borla Stingers UPR OR X (Too Loud)
4th Borla Stingers bassani catted X.....

I like the 3rd option but i like loud!

I like the bassani O/R X and stingers too but its more raspy than with the UPR.... A little too raspy. I considered just bolting in cats in my bassani o/r x if i were to get stingers but thats going to be too quiet for me. I think I love offroad pipes too much to go catted. lol

For some reason, the bassani o/r x doesnt sound quite as good as the UPR when its an o/r with loud muffs like the stingers.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
bassani, I've owned both and my borla tips were flaking off chrome with under 8,000 miles.

Deftones

Established Member
I had Bassani SS Catback that I recently traded for a Borla Stinger SS catback. I love the Stingers, they are very loud and super agressive sounding. They arent practicle for a daily driver. My Bassani sounded great too but not as loud. I also have Bassani Mid-Lengths and a Bassani SS 5 piece X with off road sleeves. From what you are looking for, I would go with Bassani since you dont want it too loud.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I had Bassani SS Catback that I recently traded for a Borla Stinger SS catback. I love the Stingers, they are very loud and super agressive sounding. They arent practicle for a daily driver. My Bassani sounded great too but not as loud. I also have Bassani Mid-Lengths and a Bassani SS 5 piece X with off road sleeves. From what you are looking for, I would go with Bassani since you dont want it too loud.

Got a clip by any chance? Id like to hear what it sounds like with the headers...

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member

That is what I was thinking.. Would you buy a catted X, or an O/R X? Also does anyone know where to get the Bassani Catback cheaper than buying it at Lethal Performance? Oh and Deftones, if you could post a clip that would be awesome!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread