borla 14858

houston03cobra

Established Member
i just installed the borla 14858 cat back kit . this kit fits excellent . for anyone that wants a car that is not too loud this kit is for you . it has a nice exhaust tone . as expected , excellent borla quality. i tried the magnaflow and the borla kit is way better in my opinion .no raspy sound and no drone..... the 4 inch rolled tips are badass . cheers to postban for the recomendation :beer:

cobrastrike4

Established Member
Are you running the rest stock from the heads back?
I am gonna keep mine stock but trying to choose between the stingers 140052 or yours 14858? hmmm.
I am not crazy about waking the dead just wanna add some rumble to the vert.

2K4 SVT

Established Member
Just one opinion

Glad you like them houston03cobra! I have the borla 14858 on the way! (Borla had a 5 week production time! :shrug: ). I can't wait to get them on.

Cobrastrike4 - I know a LOT of people here, even with verts, LOVE the stingers (140052). I had them and loved the sound as well. The problem for me came in my daily driving. The stingers have a drone at cruising speeds so I had a tough time listening to music and talking to people while cruising on the freeway to and from work and home. Here is a link to a great review of the 14858. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128835 I have them on order and can't wait to enjoy the borla sound without the drone of the stingers. No flames please from the stinger owners, this is just my opinion. I loved the sound just not the drone.

-Mark

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
My stingers were REALLY cool for a year, and now I too can't even listen to my aftermarket system with them at some speeds. Wish I would have gone with a more concealable sound like the standard borla's, glad you like em.

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
+1 on the Borla 14858
I also switched from the Magnaflows. They droned around 2000-2300.
The 14858 is seems to have a drone at 1700-2000, but not as loud as the Maggies.

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
I would also recommend the Steeda CB setup. It is basically the same setup minus the rolled tips. The Steeda setup has the 3.5 inch cross cut tips. Other than that it has the same sound and costs about $100.00 less.

Last edited:

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
I have these Borlas as well. Not too loud at idle or crusiing speed, but man do they wail at WOT. Plenty in my opinion. The stingers are nice but a bit much for daily driving. I love these pipes.

WikedCobra

Established Member
I originally had the Borla 14858 on my car. The quality of the system is excellent. It sounded nice, but was way to quite. I eventually switched to Borla Stingers and love them. However, sometimes I think the Stingers aren't even loud enough!!!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Do a bassani X pipe with no cats!!!

WikedCobra said:
I originally had the Borla 14858 on my car. The quality of the system is excellent. It sounded nice, but was way to quite. I eventually switched to Borla Stingers and love them. However, sometimes I think the Stingers aren't even loud enough!!!

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
If any of you guys have pics during installation or after that would be great. I am ordering my STEEDA cat-back & I need something to look at while I wait for it to get here... :eek:

Thanks! :beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
2K4 SVT said:
Glad you like them houston03cobra! I have the borla 14858 on the way! (Borla had a 5 week production time! :shrug: ). I can't wait to get them on.

-Mark

Summit has them in stock :shrug:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Go with the Bassani catted X-pipe with the Borlas.

You can remove the cats if you like - I tried but didn't like it.

Pic:

cob1.gif

Have better ones on my camera I gotta upload.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
They are expensive! Anyone have any leads on where you can get the BEST price on the 14858?

- Aj -

Established Member
They are expensive not matter where you go. Maybe try one of the vendors on this site for a good deal.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
Well...maybe this will give you something to look at until your system shows up... :)

When your Borla 14858 (or Steeda) catback arrives, this is what you'll be looking at when you pull it out of the box:

cat-back.jpg

Here's how to install it:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2387831&postcount=5

It looks good but I have that pict already. I just wanted to see a few shots of it on the car & stuff. Underside shots of it would be really cool. Does anyone have any really good picts of this sytem on the car...? :shrug: Perhaps taken at the muffler shop when you have easy acess to the under side? :shrug:

Thanks! :beer:

2K4 SVT

Established Member
14858 deals

Did you actually call summit and see if they truly had them in stock? I called several sites that said they were in stock and they eventually told me that they had to special order them. Anyway, John at socalmotorsports sold the 14858 to me for $675 shipped to my door. That was about the best deal I could find. Just tell them you are a member of svtperformance and they will give you this deal. Maybe there are better deals to be had, but I have liked John and his service.

Users who are viewing this thread