Boots Melting On Steering Rack.

drohan8592

Established Member
Hey guys, one of the many problems i'm having with my car is that the turbo pipes are melting the boots on my steering rack. Is anybdy else having similar problems with their HP turbo kit? What is the solution? This is just one of the many things that i've had to deal with.

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
i dont have the same kit you do, but my exhaust pipes go right by my boots. what i did is i heat wraped them and it seems to be good to go. you could do that and see if it helps any?

TRBO VNM

yeah, wrap them and double wrap them. with the hellion kit, it comes with pads that I put on the pipes and then I am also wrapping them with header wrap as well now. but with my orange car I just used the pads and never had a problem.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I run offset rack bushings and that raises it some out of the way. I also had my pipes high temp ceramic coated black and then wrapped them in header wrap, no issues

MTBSully

Established Member
Back from the dead. Also having this issue. How much did offset rack bushings help? I wish I could lower the rack a 1/2" or so to keep my boot from rubbing:

null_zps25116817.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread