Boost w/2.76 and 2lb and latest port

astippich

Established Member
How much boost will I see with 2.76 + 2lb lower with stegemier's latest port. I have a mrt catted h and stingers for exhaust and fipk for intake. With the 2.76 and no port I was seeing about 13-14 lbs(usually 13 tops unless air was very cold), this was with boost overlay so I don't know how accurate. I am just wondering if I will be in steg's recommended range.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
13 Sounds kinda low for a non-ported eaton and no headers w/ a 2.76. I'd think you'd have more like 15 easy....20-COBRA-03 has think combo...maybe he'll chime in.

astippich

Established Member
Thanks guys, 2 more quick question's, will a ported blower(all other things staying the same) make more, less or the same amt of boost as a non-ported? Will I need an alternator pulley with just a 2lb lower?

Last edited:

mj8

Established Member
According to recent tests the stock pulley overspins the alternator from the factory...a 3.2 alt pulley would put you in a nice safe range on both ends...

18355-lower-pulley-question-pulley1.jpg

20-COBRA-03

Banned
Hey buddy. I have the same 2.76/2lb. lower and there are absolutely no probs running this setup. I have been for atleast 1000 hard miles now, including days of 100 degree heat back in summer. Anyways, as 96stanggt posted ( thanks), i have the newer stg. 3 port and that pulley setup. However i also have headers, they are said to drop around 1lb. of boost from what i heard... and in any kind of weather we would usually see just a pinch under 15lbs. of boost and in really cold weather, we would see a hair over 15lbs. Keep in mind, that is with headers, so id imagine that without them, you should be seeing somewhere in the neighborhood of 16lbs. boost. Also... you very well could be getting belt slip! what belt do you run, i have the gates 77.6" belt and im happy with it. Could be a stupid question, lol but you have the snub pulley right?
Take care,
Bob.

astippich

Established Member
I run a gates 75.1" and I have the newest billetflow idler. I haven't seen signs of belt slip(excessive dust). My boost ovarlay was calibrated when installed but I'm still not sure about its accuracy. The car runs very strong with just the 2.76.

Users who are viewing this thread