Boost/vac vs. Boost only Gauge?

vertigyn

Established Member
I'm looking into getting some Auto Meter Cobalt gauges for my newly KB'd Mach. The gauges will consist of a water temp gauge, a boost gauge, and a DPPS gauge.

I'm trying to decide to get a straight boost gauge or a boost/vacuum gauge. Which one do you guys recommend and why? What's the benefits of having the vacuum on the gauge too?

Thanks guys!

01yellercobra

Established Member
I run a boost/vac gauge. I like having the vacuum side in case I need to do any troubleshooting.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I was always under the impression that the autometer straight boost gauge would be nice for a turbo setup and the Vac/Boost would be good for the supercharger. I run Vac/Boost and thats what I'd recommend to you as well. You can also see how close you are getting into boost (during vac) at into give time.

97cobrastatus

Established Member
whats next? honestly if i had the mach i would be done. That car is badass as it sits.
but thats just me

as for the sig, i had two of the same pics in photobucket, changed the sig pic real quick, and didn't realize it was the full size pic

should be better now

vertigyn

Established Member
Eventually I want coil overs all around, maybe a tubular k-member, FR500 steering wheel, seats, twin disc clutch, 6spd tranny, AL driveshaft, level 5 half shafts...eventually a forged motor. Just a few things on my list ;) But this is all pretty far off I think.

Users who are viewing this thread