Boost Numbers with 10% Lower on a TVS

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
So i've been searching for a while and cannot come up with a solid number about how much boost at 10% lower will net on my set up. I currently have the VMP TVS running a 2.4 pulley and LT headers (other mods in sig) I usually see around 15-16 PSI on my Autometer gauge. I was looking to add the lower and use the 2.6 pulley i have on hand to bring the pressure up to the mid 17's. Is there anyone out there with a similar set up that can chime in on how much boost i would actually be seeing? Im running on 91 octane and safety is always a concern with that garbage. I would be going back in for another dyno tune before i started applying boost but not sure if this combo would be pushing it to far and i would need to drop to a 2.8 pulley to keep it safe.

Also, what size belt would i need for the 10% and 2.4/2.6 set ups? I have a 90MM idler.

Any help would be appreciated. :beer:

RSAGT500

Established Member
You should talk to Justin or BJ at VMP.

I just got off the dyno (dynojet) today and I laid down 675hp 697tq on 91 octane. However, I put Torco in the tank just to be over safe. They connected a boost sensor and I was seeing right around 21psi.

My mods:

VMP TVS 2.3 with highflow elbow
2.4 Upper
10% Lower
90mm idler
2013 GT500 Injectors
VMP Single BAP
Kooks L/T with highflow cat x-pipe
JLT 123mm intake
CJ 65mm TB
AFCO H/E
3.73 gears
1 piece aluminum driveshaft

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
So i've been searching for a while and cannot come up with a solid number about how much boost at 10% lower will net on my set up. I currently have the VMP TVS running a 2.4 pulley and LT headers (other mods in sig) I usually see around 15-16 PSI on my Autometer gauge. I was looking to add the lower and use the 2.6 pulley i have on hand to bring the pressure up to the mid 17's. Is there anyone out there with a similar set up that can chime in on how much boost i would actually be seeing? Im running on 91 octane and safety is always a concern with that garbage. I would be going back in for another dyno tune before i started applying boost but not sure if this combo would be pushing it to far and i would need to drop to a 2.8 pulley to keep it safe.

Also, what size belt would i need for the 10% and 2.4/2.6 set ups? I have a 90MM idler.

Any help would be appreciated. :beer:

Uh????:beer:

21-22 at sea level

bj

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
I have DynaTech LT's, 67mm VMP TB, L&M High flow Elbow....Other mods in signature...

-10% lower, 2.6 upper - 18lb, peaks @ 19lb boost. Belt SIze: Micro V - K100852

8urV8

Addicted To Boost!!!
Established Member
2.3 Ford Racing TVS with L&M elbow.2.5 upper/10% lower, 90mm idler, long tubes pushing 19lbs of boost with the 82.5 green belt. As well as all the other goods I have on the car as well.

Users who are viewing this thread