Boost Gauge

jtfx6552

Established Member
Here are some pics of my install. I have the Lunar gauge, but i have not installed it. When I bought it, I could only find the Lunar in a scale that went to 30 PSI, the non lunar gauge only goes to 20 PSI, which i thought would be easier to read. Also check out the Autometer dash bezel, with the special "line Loc" switch hole.

DSCN0012.JPG

DSCN0013.JPG

Last edited:

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by jtfx6552
Here are some pics of my install. i have the Lunar gauge, but i have not installed it. When i bought it, i could only find the Lunar in a scale that went to 30 PSI, the non lunar gauge only goes to 20 PSI, which i thought would be easier to read. Also check out the Autometer dash bezel, with the special "line Loc" switch hole.

DSCN0012.JPG

DSCN0013.JPG

JT,,can you e mail me the pic's..
[email protected]

Jim V.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Sorry, I f'ed up the location in the post, but it is fixed now.

I sent them in the e-mail, too.

JT

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Sorry, I f'ed up the location in the post, but it is fixed now.

I sent them in the e-mail, too.

JT

Thank's JT....Give me call if you get a chance

917-797-0200

Jim V.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Here are some pics of my install. I have the Lunar gauge, but i have not installed it. When I bought it, I could only find the Lunar in a scale that went to 30 PSI, the non lunar gauge only goes to 20 PSI, which i thought would be easier to read. Also check out the Autometer dash bezel, with the special "line Loc" switch hole.

DSCN0012.JPG

DSCN0013.JPG

Yeah thats the one I was referring too. Didn't notice you had posted it earlier. That bezel gonna look awesome. What switch do you think you're gonna use to cover that hole for the old defroster? Please post pics once it's installed. Did u get that insert from Brothers? How much. Sorry for all the questions...

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by Jim Vaccaro
Looks great,,where can i order one..??? any part number??

Jim V.
I found the following text on the Autometer site, the only picture is the one linked to above, which i think is for a truck.
Listed under "Steering Column Pods:

FORD

94-01, 2-1/16" SINGLE POD

97-01 F150 (aut), 2-1/16" SINGLE POD

97-01 F150 (man), 2-1/16" SINGLE POD

99-01 SUPER DUTY (aut), 2-1/16

The only one that doesn't appear to be truck related (F150 or Super Duty) is the top one, part number 10004. I wonder if this is the Mustang one?

JT

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
I found the following text on the Autometer site, the only picture is the one linked to above, which i think is for a truck.
Listed under "Steering Column Pods:

FORD

97-01 F150 (aut), 2-1/16" SINGLE POD

97-01 F150 (man), 2-1/16" SINGLE POD

JT that is it..I just went a picked one up.It was on display where i bought the gauge.
FORD

Jim V.

99-01 SUPER DUTY (aut), 2-1/16

The only one that doesn't appear to be truck related (F150 or Super Duty) is the top one, part number 10004. I wonder if this is the Mustang one?

JT

Erick

Established Member
The part # is 10004 and I ordered it from Jegs. I think it was around $40-45.

coleman

Established Member
i just ordered 10003, 4103, and 4175 from JEGS.
now to get the add-a-fuse/circuit stuff ... autozone?
where does the A/F reading come from?

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
OK... here is what you put in the defroster hole location on the replacement bezel....

Go to a local sign or vinyl shop.. have something made up that says....

2003 SVT Cobra # XXXX of XXXXX

If done nicely.. you can then have your number etc...
Yes I know we have to wait til the end of the production run....

or...

2003 SVT Cobra built for (your Name here)

matt lankford

all is sold
you can get a defroster plug from ford, not all stangs come with defrosters so the ones that dont have a plastic plug in them, couldnt see it costing more than 5 bucks

SB 03

Established Member
jtfx, does that plastic gauge holder fit over the stock one, or do you need to take the stock one off and put the new one on?

david smilovic

Established Member
Has anyone contacted Autometer to see if there is a stock boost replacement,in higher incraments.When I raised my Tubo boost on my twin Turbo 427 Z06 I got a pillar gauge from o-40 that fit like factory.I also have an HKS boost controller that reads digitally in BAR not Lbs. these digital displays are on the money with accuracy,but until you get used to bar VS. Lbs. its hard.Most of you already know that 1BAR= 14.7 Lbs one complete atmosphere
2BAR 29.4 I round it off to 30Lbs.and so on and I rarely do more than 2 bar 24 lbs.and that is pushing hard from a 427 7 Litre V-8 as a matter of fact at 25 lbs. boost it can get away from you in a 1/000 th of a second and thats why I drive in competition mode(no T.C but it will bail you out even if you want to still tqe. steer your way out.
Even though 1 generation old this bosch system deigned for rear weight biased cars TT Porsche a car we work on quite a bit and have a few of our 650 reliable hp cars on the streets of Phoenix and they most definatly due to hp/tqe. output and the awd factor that we reproportion and make it with 3 setups from the cockpit most leave it on #3 setting for rallying which is street perfect and if we bring the Tqe #'s over 750 and crank more boost and bore and stroke the motorIt hasnt many rivals on the street.I have seen them desimate 1000 hp supras from 40 mph rolls and many people bring there 200k car for updating even 97's-2002's.

AS a heads up often I use the old C pillar under the new one and sometimes cut it out or leave the original piece glued to the new C pillar.Its just a few more minutes work but 80% of the time it makes a stubborn pillar install act stock like in its bolt on and any good strong cement that allows you to move the 2 pieces against each other and has properly lined up bolt holes will work.

Any questions on the trick mail me at [email protected] and I will go into more detail,but is really a simple way to make something thats 70% correct 100% stock like in its install.
Good Luck, Dave S.Xmotorsports.com att: Nate he is my partnner and no matter who you bought it from he will help you get it installed as our way of saying T.Y weather it brings Biz or Not.

I remember the owners not getting paid for a while due to a few bad biz.desicions and deviating from giving back to the racing communities,when we tyrned back to great guys we had our $$$$$$ real fast,Dave SPS wouldnt it be nice to have just a race community with oeople that have there favorite Marques.I am a true enthusiast I have a Turbo Focus,hi-output WRX up for sale next week and I'm missing it already,a few Toyatas,a super vette and of course the magnificent 03" Cobra which should be completed by Sean (SHM) by 12-30.
We need all your prayers and support so we can produce a 600-640 rrwhp with 3:73's or 410"s or taller as well as all that we have I have installed the 4:10's and it runs great #'s I think the 1/4 would show off an et of approx.10.50's and trap speeds of about 135+.This ATI Blower is not giving any insructions with whats the safest 4 cams available.with the use of 4 blower cams and a quiet poise for muscle now.
The 1st 8-12 lbs. there arent any drivig force #'s to shed light on 1 of the exotics.My car will be 100-150 ponnies more thatsbSeans feeling and we all await you to be built

Evilcartman

Established Member
Does anyone have a drivers view of the column mount gauge pod? I'm wondering if the guage blocks the tac to much. I would hate screwing into my a pillar so I'm looking more at the Column mount. I wish they had a A/C vent pod that holds only one gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread