Boost Gauge

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Now that i exceed stock boost,What boost gauge would be best to install?And where?? any idea's??

Jim V.

docs03

Established Member
Lunar Series

I have the Lunar series boost and fuel pressure guages from Autometer. The background lighting is very close to our stock guages.

doc

CWCobra

Established Member
Wouldn't it be cool if there was a gauge which would replace the stock gauge? Same space, same size, same coloring.

Just dreaming,
CW

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Jim Vaccaro
Now that i exceed stock boost,What boost gauge would be best to install?And where?? any idea's??

Jim V.

Hey Jimmy V.,

Go with the Autometer Lunar mechanical boost gauge. It is the closest match to the stock instrument cluster (lights up EL).

MJ

CWCobra

Established Member
Will the Lunar gauge fit in the dash in place of the stock boost gauge?

Will running more than 10 lbs of boost eventually kill the stock gauge?

Thanks,
CW

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
It's up underneath the passengers dash area, you'll need a T fitting, and some small hands, and patience ti find it.:thumbsup:

coleman

Established Member
can someone post some links on where to order these parts?
i love it! ... why pioneer when i can copy :kaboom:

this forums great! ... but you all are costing me a lot of money ... oh well, we only live once! :beer:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
can someone post some links on where to order these parts?
i love it! ... why pioneer when i can copy :kaboom:

this forums great! ... but you all are costing me a lot of money ... oh well, we only live once! :beer:
Bought all of my Lunar gauges and pillar pods from Jegs.com and Summitracing.com.

Cheers,

MJ

jtfx6552

Established Member
I have a boost gauge install page on my website, shows where the "T" goes, and how to hook up the gauge light without cutting or using a "vampire" clip on the wiring harness.

I have had my gauge "temporarily" strapped to the column for a couple of months now. It looks a little hokey, but from where I sit, it is centered in front of the tach, and I can read both simultaneously.

I had planned to use the Autometer replacement dash bezel that supports two 2 and 1/8 gauges. The problem it is it has a hole for the rear defroster switch for the 99-01 cars. I may get a switch and install it in the dash and use it to control a line lock, or fan switch.
http://users.erols.com/drfunky/pages/Boostgauge.html

JT

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Brothers sells a bezel insert that holds two 2 1/4 gauges for the 94-98 dash. It will fit our dash but has the slot for the defrost button(I think) on the left side. Keeps that sleeper look from the outside and nothing on the pillar. Saw a 2001 GT with the insert, looks awesome.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
autometer just came out with new gauges, the cobalt series. i love the look. i was actually thinking about switching out my gauges. i do not really like the indiglo look. i like when just the numbers light up. i was thinking of switching to stock GT gauges (black face with white numbers, light up blue at night. would match these cobalt gauges) here is the link to the gauges : http://autometer.com/hp/2002_catalog/102/102.html

cobalt_lit.jpg

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by highmiles
jfx6552,

where you tapped the add-a-fuse, does the dimmer work for the lunar gauge?
I added a fuse in engine box fuse box for power, but had to directly tap into the rheostat wire to get it to dim.

the autometer dash bezel with the hole is easily fixed. just cut a piece of black rubber and glue on the backside of the bezel, you never will know the difference.

thanks.
Yep, it works, if you go off fuse #37.

JT

Users who are viewing this thread