boost gauge no workie no more

phxsvt

Established Member
Wasnt getting any buzz in the tech help section so maybe someone can chime in here

I suspected I had a leak or the vac. tube completely lost connection and experiance no boost guage movement on the gauge.
I started at the blower and working my way to the glovebox and under the dash. Tubing is in great condition, no leaks and a nice hissing sound when I take every connection off. I stumbled onto this relay looking guy and wonder if he is the culprit. There is suction before and after the "relay" I shot it for power and didnt get anything. Does this only energize at WOT when theres enough boost? Also what is it?
GetAttachment.gif

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Do you have a aftermarket boost/vac or just the stocker?Might want to check the connection on the back of the cluster also.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
That is a boost pressure switch similiar to a Hobbs switch.
Boost Pressure Switch - For Turbo Water Injection hobbs : eBay Motors (item 330208763186 end time Apr-20-10 13:39:21 PDT)

That definetly has been added for some reason. Does the car have Meth injection, or anything else that may use a boost signal for activation? I definetly would try and find out what its for though before anything else, because if it has anything to do with an upgraded fuel system (KB BAP) and if it went bad, you'll want to replace it ASAP. Not sure that its the culprit for your gauge issues though!

Ken

phxsvt

Established Member
No meth injection, just a KB Bap. The car seems to run great and the boost is uninterupted. Is it supposed to have power at all times, or only when boost activates a certain vac.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
No meth injection, just a KB Bap. The car seems to run great and the boost is uninterupted. Is it supposed to have power at all times, or only when boost activates a certain vac.

My BAP is wired up through a Hobbs switch and only activates when in boost! I imagine if you trace the 2 wires out that are connected to the boost pressure switch, you will find they go to the BAP or relay for the BAP as well.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread