Boost gauge doesn't change after pulley and tune

LEADfoot927

Established Member
Brought my car to get VMP pulley, tune, and AFCO heat exchanger installed today on my 2011 GT500. The car put down 537whp on the dyno. I definitely feel how faster the car is, however my boost gauge still only reads 9 psi. The boost is shooting up way quicker, and will be at 9 psi at 2,000 RPM, but it wont go past that. The shop could note explain why, and suggested maybe something to do with the tune that is not telling the ECU to reflect the added boost on the stock gauge. Can anyone elaborate why this is? Thanks.

Unrealford

Established Member
Stock gauge isn't accurate, you should tee of line and connect a real gauge.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mainn

Established Member
Stock gauge isn't accurate, you should tee of line and connect a real gauge.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This. The stock gauge reads 'inferred' boost from a bunch of different calculations in the PCM, not actual boost. Having said that, it should still match reasonably closely to actual boost even after a tune and pulley.

Have you done any datalogs and sent them to us? If not, I'd get onto that whenever possible.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
In my experience with aftermarket tunes (and I have had a few), good calibrators will get the inferred boost reading on the factory gauge pretty close to actual. With your combination, you are likely making 13-14psi of boost.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Brought my car to get VMP pulley, tune, and AFCO heat exchanger installed today on my 2011 GT500. The car put down 537whp on the dyno. I definitely feel how faster the car is, however my boost gauge still only reads 9 psi. The boost is shooting up way quicker, and will be at 9 psi at 2,000 RPM, but it wont go past that. The shop could note explain why, and suggested maybe something to do with the tune that is not telling the ECU to reflect the added boost on the stock gauge. Can anyone elaborate why this is? Thanks.

Did you go to TMS to have this done?

Users who are viewing this thread