Boost Controller Suggestions

Turbosixx

Established Member
I've searched many forums and can't decide which controller to go with. I've narrowed it down to the Eboost2, GFB Gforce2 and the Boost leash.

I'm looking for a controller that will work well being boost referenced. I do like the idea of going with air/CO2 later, but for now it's not a concern. This controller will be used in my 2015 GT with a Hellion twin turbo kit. Right now I'm just running gate pressure and I'd like to keep the current boost but adjust the rate at which the boost comes in. I'd prefer a controller that will mount somewhere and look good but I guess that's not a necessity. I want something that I can control boost on the street. This a 90% street car, might go to the track once a month when it cools off.

I prefer the Eboost2 over all others but Hellion wants $720 for them with two 4 port solenoids and the mounting ring for the 2015 A/C vent. That's high when you consider the boost leash is the preferred controller.

The boost leash seems to be the GO TO controller. I like it simplicity but it doesn't match the interior at all. There's no where I'd be able to mount it and it look good. So that the glove box is where I'd put it. That means I'd have to reach across and make adjustments. I guess that could get old.

The GFB Gforce2 seems to be a good option. This controller is very simple to use, has great features and would look good mounted on the steering column. It's cheap too, so cheap that I can't help wonder if it'll work well or not.

I'd really appreciate your help and opinions on a controller.
If you have a boost leash and use it on the street, tell me how you like it.

What are you guys using for controlling boost on your street car?

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Only ones I'd consider in your case is the AMS-1000 or the Boost Leash. AMS-2000 if you have a larger budget and want the end all/be all boost controller.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
I recently picked up a Daytona tc-1 controller. New with solenoid it's like 350. Has VSS, RPM, TPS and timer inputs for boost tables along with other features. I've got mine in the glove box, to really make changes though you hafta use a laptop. I believe juic3d used one for a while on his hellion setup. It's not the AMS unit but sounds like it might fit your needs

Turbosixx

Established Member
idk how much a ring is for your 15. You can run twins w the stock solenoid just fine.

For the eboost2?

I recently picked up a Daytona tc-1 controller. New with solenoid it's like 350. Has VSS, RPM, TPS and timer inputs for boost tables along with other features. I've got mine in the glove box, to really make changes though you hafta use a laptop. I believe juic3d used one for a while on his hellion setup. It's not the AMS unit but sounds like it might fit your needs

Sounds like it's worth looking into.

Turbosixx

Established Member
I've got a AMS2000 love it! It's allowed me to plant power, nuf said.

I guess you do. That's a badass controller but it's a little overkill for what I'm looking to do.

I want a controller that will display boost, control boost and look decent in the car too. The Boost Leash seems to be the ticket but it will have to be mounted in the glove box.

I'm also looking into the AMS 500 V2.

syclone50

Established Member
I just bought the gfb controller and love it. The only draw back I see to it is its shape. It's nice looking but doesn't have many options for mounting it. It is in my 12 so where I mounted it won't matter much as you have a 15.
I won't use 90% of it features but it is hell a easy to use and it rock steady on holding boost. I was using a nicer manual controller was was getting spikes to 12 psi before it would settle down to its setting of 10psi. The gfb controller does everything it is supposed to and their customer service is awesome with the questions I had.

The boost leash, I couldn't get over its looks. I know performance is more important than looks but that too is important when installing things in our nice vehicles. The boost leash looks like something I would have had in my 1992 eagle talon back in the day....yuck.

the gfb can be set up to basically run boost by gear but would have to be activated manually, again a feature I wont use. I do like the output setting hooked to a switch for high and low boosts, that is the next thing to play with.

For a street car I think easy of use and install is very important and that is why I chose what I did.

Last edited:

Turbosixx

Established Member
The more I look at the GFB the more I like it. It's only $296 too. syclone50 you're making great sense too. I agree, the leash looks like shit and I'd have to hide it so I don't see it in my brand new '15 interior.

Pretty much narrowed it down to the eboost2 or the GFB. Leaning towards the eboost though.

Here's the GFB manual in case someone wants to give it a once over. Really is an impressive controller for the money.

http://www.gfb.com.au/products/boos...g-force-ii-electronic-boost-controller-by-gfb

Last edited:

Brezick

Established Member
If you want an e-boost 2 do not buy from hellion. You can get one for 500 off ebay, amazon, etc. It comes with a single three port solenoid. Then go on ebay and grab another 3 port solenoid for $30. Again, do not buy the turbosmart, the no name are the exact same thing. The vent pod i got was a 60mm from AIT, kinda had to searcha round as its not a big brand, but it fits nice. So only about 560 for it all.

double solenoids are nice, but for a street car you do not need two four ports.

cb900f

Established Member
From what I understand Boost Leash is the only controller that will do time referenced boost control. Meaning you won't be at full boost until X seconds. Which is REALLY nice if you ever want to hook from a dig.

HONDASAKI

Established Member
I am currently running and eboost 2. The things I like about it are that is looks good and doubles as a boost gauge. The things I don't like about it are the setup and controls. It is difficult to use and takes a while to get use too. I want to switch to a CO2 boost controller to have better control. Coyotes are running on such low boost there isn't much pressure to control the gate.

Doug1227

Established Member
You first need to decide how you want to control the boost (rpm, time, manually, by gear, etc.) Then find a controller that supports that.

The EBoost will do time-based boost switching, but requires a "go" and "reset" trigger for the clock.

cb900f

Established Member
From what I understand Boost Leash is the only controller that will do time referenced boost control. Meaning you won't be at full boost until X seconds. Which is REALLY nice if you ever want to hook from a dig.

I was wrong. Reading the TurboSmart instructions: SSC (Sequential switching function C): Timed sequential switching function C allows the boost groups/set-points to be active then
switched at predetermined time intervals. This switch logic could be applied in a drag racing situation where you want to switch boost
levels at known time intervals within your elapsed time (ET).

Users who are viewing this thread