Bone stock to 2.3 Trinity TVS, thoughts/recommendations...?

res0n0xg

Established Member
So,

Bought a bone stock 07 with 24K miles and buying stuff to move to a TVS. I have a blower in transit, knock on wood that Fedex can find and delivery soon.

I already have or is in transit

ATI 10% lower
72# injectors
KB dual BAP 17.5V

I know the injectors/bap aren't 100% required for a TVS swap, but the TVS coming has a 2.4" pulley already installed and that plus a 10% lower are going to make 20PSI.

I am thinking of getting a throttle body, someone local has as CFM (Central Florida Motorsports) twin 67mm for a good price and I was thinking of picking it up, but can't find a ton about these... thoughts?

http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepar...ustang-Shelby-GT500-106p3897.htm#.VP3G1ivF8vw

I don't have an intake but will probably go with a JLT 127mm regular plastic intake (stock MAF OK?)

Exhaust is bone stock, don't think I want to deal with headers right now, but I wouldn't mind just getting a cheap off road mid pipe, should pick up decent power with removing cats I assume?

Should I be worried about over spinning the blower with the 2.4" 10% combo? Any other thoughts or worries?

builttodrive

Established Member
What fuel do you plan to run? 20 psi is getting a bit high on pump gas. You will need at least 93 and may even need to blend octane booster (torco) or race gas. 72's won't be big enough for e85. The stock maf should be fine for a JLT 127 and you may even want to go with the JLT 123mm which should be plenty large enough for your set up. You will also want to upgrade your heat exchanger if you haven't already. I would also get rid of cats as they won't survive with your set up. You def need Bap's on that set up.

Hope this helps some.

res0n0xg

Established Member
93oct fuel, I would hate to blend torco but I could i guess. I guess I could just have the shop change to a 2.6 pulley. Maybe I should have just gone with an 08+ balancer instead of a 10%, but too late now I guess. A 2.6 with my 10% should make 18PSI and that should be safe I would guess. I'd just run e85 I guess at that point but freaking ID1000's aren't cheap.

Is it easy to change the pulley on a stock trinity blower? I assume my tuner/shop should at least have the tool if something is needed.

I'll probably add the off road mid pipe now, I'll worry about cooling mods later into the summer, I'm diving in pretty deep as it is and this won't even be close to a daily driver.

Well, it looks like I can add 1 can of Torco to get me right around 100oct on a stock 16gal tank using 93pump. I think this is a good compromise over going E85 at the moment, at 20 bucks a bottle, that's honestly not bad compared to how much we spend on our cars anyhow, and maybe 2 fill ups a month.

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
That's still a $50 bill every fill up.
Sell or trade the balancer and get a dual fan heat exchanger
Cheaper on gas and it will run better too.

res0n0xg

Established Member
Yea, I can't just sell the 10% balancer pulley, I would need an 08+ stock pulley as it is, you can't use the stock 07 balancer, it's super heavy and under anything but stock boost unreliable at best. I think I'm content to run one bottle of Torco per tank for the rest of the year until I go E85. 20 dollars per tank and I won't allow myself to drive the car more than 6k miles a year so that should be 2 fill ups a month, I can live with 40 bucks a month in Torco anyway.

Speedboosted

Established Member
You could pick up an 08 balancer for pretty cheap. What cooling mods? 20 psi is going to generate some serious heat

cluscher

Established Member
Get a drum of torco. Much more cost effective. Also, I would sell the balancer and pick up an 08 balancer cheap. That is a lot of boost and heat with that configuration.

On edit: just read the rest of the thread and I sound like a parrot.

Last edited:

res0n0xg

Established Member
You could pick up an 08 balancer for pretty cheap. What cooling mods? 20 psi is going to generate some serious heat

Zero, other than a dual pass he with fans, what do you recommend? I get it's going to generate heat but I'm not tracking it nor do I drive it spirited very often, but I have to imagine for one or two pulls here and there (until I spend more money) it should be OK on 100oct with a mild tune. I don't really care to make more than 700rwhp anyway right now until I have more cash to devote to a little bit of suspension and at least a heat exchanger.

Wouldn't it simply make more sense to change to a 2.6" pulley for now as I can always have room to grow and swap the 2.4" back on down the road for full time e85, etc...

Last edited:

cluscher

Established Member
Dual fan HE with larger reservoir tank is sufficient. Get a Reische 170 tstat too. Spinning the SC like that will heatsoak you in about five seconds. Also, you will constantly be thinking about detonation and whether or not your fuel is sufficient. The reality of a can of torco is more like 95-96 octane, which still should be sufficient. With a stock motor you are pushing the danger zone with that level of boost, so keeping heat in check is very important.

RE: the pullies; figured if you just get a stock lower than you're only buying and swapping one pulley without having to mess with the blower at all.

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
With the 10% and 2.4, that blower will be singing and creating some heat. The car will be good for one pull before it starts pulling timing and then you make less power than a car with less boost.
My car makes 15/16 psi with stock lower and 2.6.

Speedboosted

Established Member
It's easier to swap the upper pulley than the lower pulley, but if you have to change the lower anyways, keep the ATI then. Pick up a 2.6 and go from there. You could also look into the quick change pulley system VMP has. Makes pulley swaps super super simple and quick

VNMOUS1

Established Member
OP, everything you need is in here

www.vmptuning.com

Give me a call if you'd like to just jaw about your goals or if you'd like to co-create a plan for your ride.

(321) 206-9369 x 112

bj

Users who are viewing this thread