Bone stock SHO vs EVO X

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
long week. got home, wife and I decided on Thai food. she calls it in and i go get it. walking about the door i realize i need to throw my check in the bank.

its WA, so its pouring rain…i pass on the keys to the 5.0 and grab the SHO key.

driving along, massaging seat on, heated seat on, blasting some tunes. next thing i know i get passed by a nice looking EVO X. white on black wheels.

i roll up to the next light and get next to him. he's blasting some dub step, and my SHO is bone stock and totally silent so i get his attention by slowly inching forward.

GREEN.

we don't launch, but begin the slow roll and then l let him jump once he hits it. jumps out half a car and to my shock i stop his pull. we both let out around 70. on a "city" street.

next light he's now aware of the game. i stall up the SHO(which then lets it leave under full boost).

GREEN. we are DOOR to DOOR. get to 70 or so and let out.

Next light, i cut a better reaction time and nose out a fender. stay there again to around 70.

next light he comes up, rolls down his window and says…"what in the **Edited by moderator, we have a profanity filter, do not bypass it** is that thing!"

i replied "appreantly as quick as an evo" roll my window up and pull into the Thai restaurant for my food. :rockon:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Good story. Way to represent and be a dick at the end of it.

I don't think he was being a dick.

Dude in Evo: "what in the **Edited by moderator, we have a profanity filter, do not bypass it** is that thing!"

Reply: "apparently as quick as an evo"

Well apparently it is. Now if he wanted to be a dick he could have cussed the guy out for listening to dubstep.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
they are a ton of run to drive in that nobody expects them to be as quick as they are. or as luxurious as they are.

its springs/dampers/sways away from being a shockingly good handling FULL SIZE sedan.

and we all know what they can do at a drag strip. love the car to death for sure.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I raced a stockish SHO a few weeks in my 5.0. I spun the shit out of it out of the light and he stayed fender to fender with me until I let out at 60ish because I wasn't going to do stupid illegal speeds in a construction zone, on a crowded city street. I don't think he would have faired as well from a roll on the highway though.

black-plasma

Established Member
I have a SHO for my company car and it's a blast to drive. Get the Livernois tune though, it's a whole new car with their 4+ tune. I ran a 13.2 at the track, should go 12.9s since I added springs. I was spinning thru 2nd, lol. Add meth and down pipe and you are running sub 12.5s in a 4500+lb sedan.

SN8KBYT_1

Established Member
I have a SHO for my company car and it's a blast to drive. Get the Livernois tune though, it's a whole new car with their 4+ tune. I ran a 13.2 at the track, should go 12.9s since I added springs. I was spinning thru 2nd, lol. Add meth and down pipe and you are running sub 12.5s in a 4500+lb sedan.

I love that you take your your company car to the track... awesome.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
it spin for a fraction of a second in the wet. its FWD based "awd".

I've been resisting tuning it. i bought a ford extended warranty, more for all the tech the car has. i know the power train is pretty stout. i know that they can't deny me coverage if sync goes out because of a tune….but still. maybe i should just stop being a pussy. lol

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Yeah my wife has a SHO also. It poo poo's on my 5.0 from a dig till I get into triple digits. It's about to get alot of weight added to it this winter though, as well as my 5.0 getting a whole slew of new mods.

k4u2luz2

Established Member
Get the tune! And now! I have an extended warranty as well and I even told the guy I deal with at the dealer and they have never denied anything because of it. With that said, I have 84K miles on my 2010 and I have only had a few stupid things go wrong. (None with any part of the power train)

Users who are viewing this thread