Bolt on Mach outran a GT500

Stopsign32v

Established Member
No, not changing rules. But honestly, if you have a 2500lb Mach against a full weight GT500.. SURE, you should be able to win with alot less horsepower. :bash:

:rolling:

the 2500 is an exaggeration but you see what I mean.

Edit: Also, 1/4 isnt everything :) It IS hard to get all this weight moving in these cars without bogging or breaking tires loose. Highway is a different story... very fun.

When you say "a bolt on Mach 1 can't outrun/run with a stock GT500" then thats a general statement and all gloves are off. As long as no nitrous, boost, or valve covers come off anything goes with the Mach vs the obviously stock GT500. <<<that's my idea/opinion anyways

Last edited by a moderator:

Poppacapp

Established Member
When you say "a bolt on Mach 1 can't outrun/run with a stock GT500" then thats a general statement and all gloves are off. As long as no nitrous, boost, or valve covers come off anything goes with the Mach vs the obviously stock GT500.

Ok, so then I will get a body in white GT500 chassis and tub it out. :) Same rules right? :rolling:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Just gonna leave this here....

[youtube_browser]bQkPkuu0CQI[/youtube_browser]

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Definitely believable. A lot of variables, anything can happen.

FWIW, my N/A '98 Cobra made 345rwhp.

My friend traded his 2008 GT500 (11.30's@124 - Pulley/Tune/suspension) in on a 2011 GT500....and we raced 5-6 times one night right after he got it, anywhere from 15mph rolls to 55mph rolls....and I yanked him by 3-4+ cars each race. He had a passenger and I did not, but take that for what you will.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Just gonna leave this here....

[youtube_browser]bQkPkuu0CQI[/youtube_browser]

You forgot this one:

GT500 VS Mach 1 - YouTube

:dancenana: Videos are fun but we all know anything can happen on da' Skreets.

Here is a good one with some racing.. love these kind of videos. Would be nice to get all the local SVTP members together and make our own race night video. :rockon:

11 GT500 vs Ported 04 Cobra vs 10 Camaro, Eaton Mach vs H/C 01 SS & N20 5.0 vs RB25 240 etc - YouTube

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Doh, what the hell.. didnt link right.. someone school meh. :(

BTW your car is beautiful. I'd like to meet up sometime and check it out. I don't really care to run you because I know it would be very ugly (maybe from a dig with me getting the hit lol). But I would like a ride in it!

Poppacapp

Established Member
BTW your car is beautiful. I'd like to meet up sometime and check it out. I don't really care to run you because I know it would be very ugly (maybe from a dig with me getting the hit lol). But I would like a ride in it!

Thanks. Havent seen yours but I am sure it is badass. We will hit the track when they open. :beer: By march/april, I should have my lower pulley on.. and maybe.... just maybe... my VMP TVS :rockon: the fun begins then.

Poppacapp

Established Member
hell yeah, Ill put the video together. As you can see from my you tube, I like having fun on and off the track

Cool deal. I need to start throwing more vids on my youtube channel too. I wish Gopro would design a camera that can shoot both forwards and backwards in one unit. Would be sweet...otherwise I will have to just get two and face the front/back.. for the ones I win and the ones I lose.

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
Well I have mine so we can get one on each car or swap in between races. I might just pick up another one since I also would like different angles of the same race.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Well I have mine so we can get one on each car or swap in between races. I might just pick up another one since I also would like different angles of the same race.

Well when you get back stateside, let's gather the locals up and pick a central area to maybe have a dinner/race night. We will of course have to be teleported to mexico for each race.... :coolman:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Well when you get back stateside, let's gather the locals up and pick a central area to maybe have a dinner/race night. We will of course have to be teleported to mexico for each race.... :coolman:

This x8843257324986985487236543296!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
Hell yeah. I love going down south. Most of my Mexico runs have started in the sun shine state so I'd love to see what starts up in SC/NC!

I just wish I knew the streets better to keep the fuzz away

4.6pimp

Established Member

Hey, cars & coffee is the 2nd of feb can you make it? I will be bringing some friends with there rides. (Cammed/spray zo6, E55, 525I, cammed 2010 camaro ss)If not we could meet up next weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread