Body Shop near South Shore? Poor cobra...

esoteric781

01 - 2 - 04
Established Member
Couldn't ****ing believe it but came out to the car to go grab coffee saturday morn and found the cobra was broken into last friday night. The door lock was literally torn out of the door, radio system gone :( Have some leads on who it might be, still working on that (although if anyone hears of someone selling an alpine deck, image dynamics 12" subwoofer, and two Phoenix Gold Octane-R amps, LET ME KNOW ASAP). The car itself was not really damaged on the interior except for a minor couple of things. I will need an entire new door however (although oddly enough the door does still lock). I need to find a good body shop that has a fairly quick turn-around time, maybe a shop somebody has already had work done at or something rather. Only thing I could come up with is Factory Paint, but they tend to take quite a while to do their work or so I've heard.

Still can't ****in believe it, puttin a serious alarm system in this time around.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I do insurance estimates for a living. Trust me when I say this that in the area you live, which is the same as me, there are a lot of average shops. With your color you don't want an average shop doing the work because then your car will be like all the silver imports and gold camrys going down the road with a door that is 2 different shades.

You are probably going to get a new door skin, but maybe a new shell if your insurance company finds one cheap enough. The audio stuff will be covered up to $1000 unless you have the endorsement on your policy for it all which you would have gotten through your agent. If you have it then you will be covered over $1000.

For an alarm I know right where you should go. He is a member on here to and local to you.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Come out to see me and I will take care of you on the alarm and make it worth your trip. I am 1 hr 15 min from you in Ct.

snakebitten13

Established Member
paint

As fas as factory goes, that would be the last place i would go they are horrible and you wont get your car back for mounths, if u can i would go to the above shop ive heard good things about them, as they guy up top said i also go into about 90% of the shops in the boston area and south shore, i work for an automotive supplier and most of the shops I go into around here are very average. A few i could recomend are, Perfection auto repair in Quincy, small shop but they do great work, or D and S auto works in Whitman.
King does good work but there not very performance friendly, I dont think they will take care of your car the way those 2 shops would.

xonecrazyx

Established Member
i justhad my lightning fixed at hc ford in braintree . awesome work and they take good care og car . have a friend with a gt500 . they are doing awesome on . perfect paint match . cant even tell it was hit hard . ask for manager when bring it in . they did my truck was just a bumper i stripped all grill and lights etc . they didnt ask me . just found them in truck . installed them all .and gave it a detail and it was just there for a bumper repair

Mystic1199

Established Member
derek, drop me a line i can do something about the alarm for you and fix any stereo stuff if you need some help

chuckstang

Established Member
DO NOT GO TO FACTORY

WORST BODY SHOP IN THE WORLD

They will keep your car for months and charge way too much and can't match paint for shit

sorry to hear but stay clear of them

Good luck!

esoteric781

01 - 2 - 04
Established Member
Ended up going to Commonwealth Auto Body in Revere, it was my buddy's godfather's shop...they did a sick job with the paintmatch and all, lines are perfect on the door, everything is good. However, even with them doing all they could, I still got boned by the insurance company for my radio...SO...currently I am in search of anyone that knows anyone that has a hookup with either Best Buy or an Alpine Distributor. I'm looking to get the Alpine CDA-9886. Also looking to get a nice 5 channel amp, pushing about 600 watts or so the sub.

dragonlightning

Established Member
Ended up going to Commonwealth Auto Body in Revere, it was my buddy's godfather's shop...they did a sick job with the paintmatch and all, lines are perfect on the door, everything is good. However, even with them doing all they could, I still got boned by the insurance company for my radio...SO...currently I am in search of anyone that knows anyone that has a hookup with either Best Buy or an Alpine Distributor. I'm looking to get the Alpine CDA-9886. Also looking to get a nice 5 channel amp, pushing about 600 watts or so the sub.

Call my buddy, ask for mike, tell him craig sent you for a good price.
508-580-4100 cant hurt. :shrug:

Mystic1199

Established Member

i pmed ya about the radio ....

Users who are viewing this thread