body camera of LVMPD's shooting from the other day

byeofcr

Established Member
Video is NSFW due to language

Just logged out from my dept when this happened.. nothing routine about a routine traffic stops. What started as a brake light turned to shit realllll quick. The officer hit in the neck was rushed to the hospital by his partner and is recovering fine. When people ask me "do you really need so many cops on one traffic stop?" I say yes and refer them to incidents like this.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/metro-releases-body-cam-footage-of-police-shooting

byeofcr

Established Member
I had no idea backup was even there!
They ninja'd onto the scene.
Did they release dash cam footage?

Not yet. This video starts after he didnt pull over right away and when he did he jumped out yelling "shoot me!!". The backup officer got hit reaching into the passenger side.

Theres no perfect way to do cop work, just trying be as safe as possible is all we can do.

I never let people back into the car if they decide toncome all the way out.. the car is the unknown. I dont know whats in it. So ill order you to the front of my car. The risks of a foot pursuit or being rushed..
Some cops want people back into the car. They cant really fight while seated, but can flee and have access to whatever weapon may be in there.
No perfect way to do it, just whatever you feel safe doing

oldmodman

Established Member
I wonder what the coroner will discover in the shooters system.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he wasn't using multiple drugs at the time of the stop.

And so many people want to legalize everything. :nonono:

Lucky that his weapon was not only poorly maintained but that he was a terrible shot too.

And my friend's think I am being silly for turning on my dome light, rolling down all the windows and keeping my hands on the steering wheel if I get stopped.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I never let people back into the car if they decide toncome all the way out.. the car is the unknown. I dont know whats in it. So ill order you to the front of my car. The risks of a foot pursuit or being rushed..

This would probably prevent a lot of these shootings.
Send them to the front of car, or to the ditch if on the highway.
I also think the officer should have ran for cover instead of wrestling with him as soon as the guy mentioned a gun.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wonder what the coroner will discover in the shooters system.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he wasn't using multiple drugs at the time of the stop.

And so many people want to legalize everything. :nonono:

Lucky that his weapon was not only poorly maintained but that he was a terrible shot too.

And my friend's think I am being silly for turning on my dome light, rolling down all the windows and keeping my hands on the steering wheel if I get stopped.

Drew, you made it sound like this doesn't happen infrequently. LOL. Smart thing to do, though. Making it easier for an officer to see you and the interior of the car helps to eliminate a big unknown at night. :thumbsup:

That was a scary video for all the officers involved. The guy certainly was borderline suicidal for whatever reason (drugs or psychological) and that made this a very serious confrontation. It is just good that none of the officers were seriously hurt.

musclefan21

Established Member
This would probably prevent a lot of these shootings.
Send them to the front of car, or to the ditch if on the highway.
I also think the officer should have ran for cover instead of wrestling with him as soon as the guy mentioned a gun.

if you are withing reach of the person, fight him to prevent him killing you. you try to disengage when you are so close like that, you are getting shot. not enough room or time to take cover there.

very well done. glad that piece of shit is no longer breathing

MattxFatal

Established Member
if you are withing reach of the person, fight him to prevent him killing you. you try to disengage when you are so close like that, you are getting shot. not enough room or time to take cover there.

very well done. glad that piece of shit is no longer breathing

Normally I agree to close distance and go hands on, however, if I found myself in a similar position, I hope I would get behind the B pillar and draw while moving to the rear.
His next movements would dictate whether I engage or not.
Having any part of a vehicle between you while the subject is sitting is much better than when you're approached out in the open.
Guy claims to have multiple weapons and makes an overt movement to pull what he claims to be a firearm, yeah... I'll sleep that night.

And one thing I really hate seeing, when people go to the radio while still right in the middle of the shit.
Sure, if you have time/cover/distance then get on comms.
In that situation, **** the radio, handle that mother ****er first.
Back up isn't getting there quick enough for the radio to mean shit.
I hate MMQB but jesus, none of that other shit matters while you're fighting for your life.

Last edited:

Geno-04

Established Member
That was good work! I'm a firm believer in once your in close stay close. Your already on alert so you have the upper hand. Keep them uncomfortable. Sometimes it's a fight for your life, with or without back up, it still takes time once you radio for back up.

Users who are viewing this thread