BMW Tire suggestions

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
The owner of my company has a 09 335i beamer being the typical woman driver she has now gone through 3 sets of tires Flats curb damage etc... and at 1400 per set they aren't cheap. Somehow i've been tapped to make suggestions on better tires but I don't want to compromise ride quaility or handling for her. Currently this car has michilen 225/40zr18 front and 255/35zr18 in the rear and they are run flats which she apparently needs does anybody have any suggestions on what brand I can suggest to her that still has run flats that arent 300 and 350 dollars I was thinking changing the profile of the tires but not being too keen on bmw's i don't want to change the way this car drives.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I would steer her away from run flats if she does not want to pay over $1K per set. Also run flats are heavier and rob performance. She could get a set of nice tires for $500, or less. Just make sure she has a road hazard plan.

TRBO VNM

if she is having that much of an issue because of curbs and other stuff, she needs to sell the car and get a truck.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
If it is leased......just make sure she puts run flats back before she turns it in or else BMW will hit her with the charge to put them on..and if you think $1400.00 is cheap..wait til they put a set on...LOL! They won't be kind in thier charge to change them.

If she owns it....then go normal tires...and buy a spare for the trunk. That is what most did I found. See www.e90post.com...or something like that. All BMWs..and they would have the best suggestions.

However...the BEST suggestion is Jason's. She apparently needs a different car..not different tires...Or may I suggest driving lessons? I mean damn..how many times do you hit a curb before you start being more careful??

She is lucky that has not ruined a wheel...as I think they are about $900.00 to $1200.00 a piece for the OEM ones!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
All run flats are expensive. If she doesn't want to spend the money, she can get conventional tires, but she either needs AAA or an aftermarket spare to throw in the trunk.

Oh, and the stock runflats on these cars suck. I've already got a bubble in one of my tires from hitting a pothole on 895. My mom put bubbles in two of her tires, plus pinch flats in both of them. The roads around here being what they are, this is a pretty common problem on the forums.

But seriously, she needs to learn how to drive if she's just randomly running into curbs.

Users who are viewing this thread