BMW 335i

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
Anyone have any experience with one? I've been liking them every time I see one lately. How mod-able are they? I've been told that just a tune opens them up a lot.

I'm thinking about getting a new car in a few months. I have a paid off 4x4 for a beater, so I want something nice thats pretty quick too. In the 35-45k price range, I've got the 335, C6 (snug fit for a guy my size), A5 quattro, Evo X, G8 GT...anything else? The other thing I'm considering, which is going the complete oposite way, is a jacked up F250 Fx4 6.4 crew cab...its just something I've wanted for a while, but I don't need such a big truck.

Like I said, I've got a few months before I'll ready to buy, but I want to take my time and decide what I really want, because I'll have it for a while.

UCBeau

i've driven a couple..i ordered one then cancelled it..but i might reorder it. they are badass and a ton of fun to drive.

dunno where you'll find the 335 for 35,000 though, bare minimum here is 41k for a demo model

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
they are pretty nice cars. im actually considering picking one up after the winter myself. they are quick stock and i remember reading that on average they make around 320whp with a tune and a catback

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I have been told for about $1600 you can pump out 400 HP (at the wheels I think) and it will be faster in a straight line than the incomming 420 HP E92 M3.

You can loaded used ones with minimal miles that have been CPO'd by BMW for the same price f not lower and you get a 100,000 mile warranty to boot.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
one of my co-workers just got one and i saw it yesterday, looks nice and luxurious. not my cup of tea but seemed nice

he told me twin turbo and 0-60 4.8. i was a little skeptical because it wasn't an m series, but looked it up and yes the 2007 is a 3.0 litre turbo. however i do not see how it can be that quick because bmw says only 300 bhp. and about 300 tq (at only 1500 rpm tho which may help with the 0-60)

jf4boogie

Established Member
VERTIBLEMENACE said:
one of my co-workers just got one and i saw it yesterday, looks nice and luxurious. not my cup of tea but seemed nice

he told me twin turbo and 0-60 4.8. i was a little skeptical because it wasn't an m series, but looked it up and yes the 2007 is a 3.0 litre turbo. however i do not see how it can be that quick because bmw says only 300 bhp. and about 300 tq (at only 1500 rpm tho which may help with the 0-60)

^^They're highly underrated from the factory. Mainly, to try not and piss off ALL of the current E46 M3 owners who paid way more than what a 335i cost.

They are very mod friendly, but are limited b/c of the tight engine bay. The turbos are small and theres not really room to upgrade to bigger ones.

If it were me...I'd say go for a used E46 M///, but thats just me...:beer:

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
I wouldn't mind an E46 M3, but I'm looking for something that isn't as flashy. Everyone knows the M3, but the 335 looks just like a regular 3 series except for the dual exhaust. Plus the car is a little bigger, and I'm funny looking in little cars as it is. And the new ones have the 4 year/50k mile service pack...the CPO don't have that, do they?

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
From what i have heard from my friends...they are pretty quick little cars...I think iv seen a two door and a four door...they are nice cars (what BMW isnt?) but idk...something about going fast in a luxury car just doesnt make sense to me...thats what muscle cars are for, different strokes for different folks i guess

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
Wow, 12.2 w/ just intake, exhaust, and tune? Thats awesome. Do you know about how much he has invested in the intake, exhaust, and tune? I don't want to get stuck on performance, because thats not the only thing making my decision...but its nice to know.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I might get my wife one after the winter! I love them but only with a 100,000 mile warranty!

Vegas Mach1

Established Member
This is my next car. Machs are paid off in Jan placing an order soon after. The coupe + sport package is the only way to go with these cars.

jf4boogie

Established Member
CentennialVert said:
I wouldn't mind an E46 M3, but I'm looking for something that isn't as flashy. Everyone knows the M3, but the 335 looks just like a regular 3 series except for the dual exhaust. Plus the car is a little bigger, and I'm funny looking in little cars as it is. And the new ones have the 4 year/50k mile service pack...the CPO don't have that, do they?

CPO'd cars have the 100K mile warranty....

...I had a pic of a 335 dropped on 19's somewhere....was siiiiick, I'll see if I can find it

Last edited:

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
jf4boogie said:
CPO'd cars have the 100K mile warranty....

...I had a pic of a 335 dropped on 19's somewhere....was siiiiick, I'll see if I can find it

Tempting...I found a white coupe sport pack w/ 15k miles...asking 46 grand. I'm thinking I'd rather just build one w/ no frills than do that crap.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
Here is ALL the info you need on the new 335i BMWs. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17829

It'll probably be my next car. They seem to be responding to mods (Proceed and exhaust) VERY well, ~380-400rwhp with the boost up to 12psi. Mid 12s and 4.5 to 60 is what some guys are claiming.

Just a few pics. All with the sport package (aero kit, or whatever you want to call it)
img0042tz7.jpg

img0999rz1.jpg

glamourso3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread