bmw 1 series info?

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
BMW is superior in every way?

Unless i'm missing something BMW has no supercar correct?

It also has no car that can out-power a Terminator unless you dumk 80k into it, even then everything is changed when a termi can push it all without a built engine.

every BMW costs twice what ford costs . . . i wonder why they're "superior". But when Ford throws it's money around (GT) BMW has 0 competition for it . . . hmmm.

Yep those BMW are the best thing since sliced bread!

Lol, they're a dime a dozen here, i get sick of looking at them. I have the money to buy one, i've driven plenty for extended periods of time. Benz > BMW. In the end the only BMW i'd consider buying is the M6 mainly for its looks caues with that price tag i'd like a ZR-1 please.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
1 series or Pontiac that should be an no brainer

bmw :D
Have you seen the Pontiac G8-GT? 365hp 390lbsft tq. Handles very well from the inital reports and has a nice interior layout. Holden from downunder is not to be scoffed at. Plus it is only 32k.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
eh but still i wasnt that impressed

I got a nice 1 hour test drive here in germany recently and the 1 is incredible. The upgrade potential is already developed with the existing software. I would like to TD the G8 before I decide.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
^^^Dumb Post^^^ You sir are gravely misinformed.

I would take a ZR-1 over an M6 though.

How am i misinformed?

Maybe the 80k is an exaggeration but it helps get the point across.

If you're so well-informed, tell me which production BMW competes with the Ford GT.

Also, while you're at it, find me a BMW that can be as fast as a terminator without pouring your life savings into it on top of the already over-priced MSRP.

I'm not saying Ford > BMW in everything either. They both have their niche, but in no way is BMW "superior in every way" to any ford. I think that was teh real misinformed and ignorant statement made, not my post.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Also, BMW gives you a 5 year/50,000 mile warranty with free maintenance for a good part of that. What American company would pay for your oil changes?

Then there's the Certified Pre-Owned warranty. It's another 5 years/100,000 miles, bumper to bumper. Where else can you take a 9 year old car in to have it worked on under warranty?

I can see that a lot of you are misinformed and are products of stereotypes. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people on this board have never owned a BMW and are only basing their decisions on what they hear from the haters.

I give up trying to defend BMW, although they are superior to Ford in every single way. Sounds strange coming from someone who will soon own a Ford, but at least I can admit when a company makes a better product than something I plan on owning.

You come across as snooty. Many on this board have the money to own a BMW, but choose a Ford. I have the money to buy your precious 1 series, but why? I have my L for when I need a pickup. My TBSS for when I need an SUV. My wife drives the brand new 08 C class Benz, because that is what "she" wanted. I wanted to wait for the G8 with the LS2. And I always have the Terminator too put a hurting on your beloved 1 series. The 1 series is a low to mid 30K's vehicle. 03/04 Cobras were mid 30's, L's were low 30's, and we all know the incredulous markups paid for GT500's. Remember this is SVTP, not the chevycitation forums. We have money.:beer:

BTW the TBSS is GM certified 5 years 100k miles. So what does used certified prove. Everyone does it.

ChuckV

Established Member
Why would you be? LS2 in a smallish sedan. With heads/cam it'll be mid elevens at 120ish. How boring.:shrug: Oh it doesn't have a BMW badge, my bad.;-)

Hehehe. Chip, exhaust, and tires and a 135i will be right there also. The N54 is pretty similar to the 2JZ in terms of how it repsonds to basic modifications. You can make 400rwhp by sneezing on it.

GM certainly did a great job with the G8 though! IMO, they should stick in an LS7, and make it a budget CTS-V.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Hehehe. Chip, exhaust, and tires and a 135i will be right there also. The N54 is pretty similar to the 2JZ in terms of how it repsonds to basic modifications. You can make 400rwhp by sneezing on it.

Well I believe a chip, exhaust and tires 335i is a mid 12 vehicle, so I wouldn't expect too much more out of a 135i. 03/04 Cobras put down 400 just changing the airfilter. I still think BANG for the buck in a sedan will be the G8. The performance market is already there for the engine(LSX). You can build a NA monster or go FI, and for far less than building up a BMW. For the cost of a tune I can go heads and cam on an LS2. Add a 150 shot. This really boils down to what someone wants. I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy. I would've never bought a benz, but the wife wanted it. My cars are Ford and Chevy. But if the wife aint happy.......

ChuckV

Established Member
Well I believe a chip, exhaust and tires 335i is a mid 12 vehicle, so I wouldn't expect too much more out of a 135i. 03/04 Cobras put down 400 just changing the airfilter. I still think BANG for the buck in a sedan will be the G8. The performance market is already there for the engine(LSX). You can build a NA monster or go FI, and for far less than building up a BMW. For the cost of a tune I can go heads and cam on an LS2. Add a 150 shot. This really boils down to what someone wants. I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy. I would've never bought a benz, but the wife wanted it. My cars are Ford and Chevy. But if the wife aint happy.......

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-14401.html in all fairness that car had an intake too, but that's a pretty small gain on N54s. All I'm saying is that given how green the N54 is, it looks pretty promising. People are hitting 400rwhp with bolt ons, which isn't bad for a 3 liter. :rockon: And a tune isn't that bad, the one on the car I linked is under 700 bucks. Enough people picking up these cars aren't the typical BMW buyer, that I think you'll see decent prices within a few months.

The G8 is definitely a force to be reckoned with, and I think both of these cars will take a BIG bite out of the Evo/Sti market. I definitely look forward to seeing even beefier Chevy engines in the G8, as it's definitely only a matter of time.

ChuckV

Established Member
just outta curiousity how much would it cost to chip, intake, exhaust, and tune a 1 series?

600-2,000 for tuning, depending on if you go with an overpriced tuner, or a more reasonable one. Price has little to do with quality of the tune, or power produced in this case, just the name of the tuner. Helix (a philly company) currently produces the highest power tune, and that costs 800 bucks.

1000 for downipes (catback makes almost no difference in power, 5-10 hp)

400ish for an intake. IC upgrade has been shown to generate more power than an intake, however, which is about a grand

3000ish

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
so about $3,000 for 100hp?

And the car costs $37k OTD?

So $40k for a 400hp car. hmm

k.

I dunno, just doesn't seem worth it to me. Plus it doesn't look all that great either. Maybe it's just me but i'd take a C6 Vette or a C5 Z06 or a Terminator over that car if i'm looking for performance. The only advantage i see is the luxury, and i don't really care about that . . .

Users who are viewing this thread