bmw 1 series info?

Lightningfr

Banned
That is odd that I can't find anything that would indicate this on different BMW forums .. can you point me to any proof of this?

thanks in advance..

Crowley

+1 i have not herd anything about failures and what upkeep are you talking about?

5 year 50k mile maintenance free program.................. :poke:

Lightningfr

Banned
I have a 135i on order.. I didn't go all out and it is a bit pricey but it will be a fun ride. On the boards I go to, I have read that currently bmw doesn't plan to sell the Tii version of the 1 series .. instead, they have come out with a bmw performance catalog where you can purchase those upgrades.

IMO, they will release a Tii version or something like it within 2 years ..

Here is a board I go to : http://www.1addicts.com/forums/index.php

Crowley

i cant find anything about the tii verision what IS IT!!!!!

Common

Established Member
Here is the Euro rental version with winter rims and tires, 4 doors and some dirt on it. I liked it.

IMG_0778.jpg

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
These cars are junk, especially these twin turbo ones. Take it from me guys, don't buy one. If you do,expect it do be in the shop for repairs. I'm a master tech at a BMW dealer so I should know. BMW = CRAP.

Well then you must be a terrible master tech because the 335's are selling like hotcakes and the only issue they have had is overheating because of the lack of an oil cooler. That has since been fixed and the N54's have been running over 400 rwtq for months now with nothing but an ECU and catback with no problems. Go to E90post.com and look in the N54 Engine section. There are 4 or 5 companies right now who make massive power with minimal modifications, including Dinan, who is the equivalent of a Roush. If BMW is willing to let one of their own factory tuners mess with the engine and make damn near or over 400 rwhp and allow customers to keep their warranty speaks volumes about the cars reliability. Sure there will be electronic glitches but those will all be fixed under warranty.

As for the 1 series, it will only be available in 128i and 135i forms. BMW has already announced that there are absolutely no future plans for a Tii model or M1 model. 135i base pricing starts at about $35,000 although premium or sport packages will get it up near the $40,000 hump quickly.

A lot of the diehard BMW enthusiasts hate it because it was supposed to be modeled after the 2002tii which debuted in the mid 70's and was a lightweight, tossable, fun to drive sports car. It was very simple but offered loads of driving fun. The 135i weighs in at only a couple hundred pounds less than it's bigger brother, the 335i sedan and even less when compared to the 335i coupe. They will tell you that it didn't follow the 2002 heritage at all and is a terrible representation of what the original car stood for.

In my opinion, being a BMW enthusiast, I like it. It's smaller in dimensions than the 335i coupe which is nice and it's resale isn't going to be as high, so for anyone looking to get a 2nd or 3rd year model will be able to afford a nice example. The aftermarket for this engine is soaring, and people OUTSIDE the BMW community are already calling the car "the next supra."

With nothing but a piggyback ECU, downpipes and catback exhaust some tuners are making 420 rwhp and close to 450 ft lbs. With a baseline of only about 280 rwhp/280rwtq that's an amazing gain for about $2,000 worth of parts and they haven't even dug into the internals or turbos yet :fm:

All that said, I plan on picking up an 08 model slightly used in about a year or so. It's a great car and you get the BMW driving experience with big horsepower while keeping a factory warranty. Can't argue there.

EDIT: By the way, the 135i will only be offered in the US in coupe form. While there are 4 door models overseas, we might not get them for a few years, if at all. The 135 hasn't had a warm welcome here due to it's size so I don't think BMWNA will allow for an even larger version of the car to come here, basically making it a total knockoff of the 335i sedan.

Last edited:

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
^^ I'm a terrible tech becasue these are selling like hotcakes? How does that make me a terrible tech? I'm just telling you guys what I've seen so far. If you guys get all butt hurt then forget it. I know about the how much power these car can make. And I know about the lack of oil cooler, if a car didn't come with one, we are simply putting them in if customer asks. All the new ones get em. BMW's aren't exactly known for there reliability dude.

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
And I don't need to post on a BMW forum to get any more info on these turds. I work on them for a living is enough. I don't doubt the power they make on these cars. So relax.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
A friend of a friend owns a BMW tuning shop and has driven one extensively, and said it's a orcket. He also said it's only 300 pounds lighter than the 335, but that's due to BMW adding ballast and other unnecessary crap. It should be very fun.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Ok, KingJay is full of it. He has shown no extensive knowledge of the cars that would lead me to believe his nonsense. All he talked about was Diret Injection and that'sa common problem with any car that has it. A BMW Master Tech has to go through years of training and, when finished, has more respect for the company he's working for. Hell, it's damn near impossibe just to get into STEP, and that's only the doorstep to becoming a master tech.

No one trains for years to work on cars that they believe are "turds." You've had nothing good to say about BMW this entire thread which just leads me to believe you hate on BMW cuz you can't afford to own one.

When you post up a picture of your Master Tech certificate with proof that it's actually you I wil believe you, but until then, its bullshit.

Have you read the consumer reports on problems per 100 vehicles? BMW ranks in the top 10 consistently. You must be thinking about the newer Mercedes Benzes.

This guy is talking about fuel problems, yet tuners are running 400+ rwhp/tq with NO changes to the fuel system.

The N54 is an award-winning, breakthrough motor and is only going to get better once the tuners have more time with it. The cars it is put in are top notch. BMW's service is amazing and their reliability is much higher than people like KingJay make it out to be.

Lightningfr

Banned
Ok, KingJay is full of it. He has shown no extensive knowledge of the cars that would lead me to believe his nonsense. All he talked about was Diret Injection and that'sa common problem with any car that has it. A BMW Master Tech has to go through years of training and, when finished, has more respect for the company he's working for. Hell, it's damn near impossibe just to get into STEP, and that's only the doorstep to becoming a master tech.

No one trains for years to work on cars that they believe are "turds." You've had nothing good to say about BMW this entire thread which just leads me to believe you hate on BMW cuz you can't afford to own one.

When you post up a picture of your Master Tech certificate with proof that it's actually you I wil believe you, but until then, its bullshit.

Have you read the consumer reports on problems per 100 vehicles? BMW ranks in the top 10 consistently. You must be thinking about the newer Mercedes Benzes.

This guy is talking about fuel problems, yet tuners are running 400+ rwhp/tq with NO changes to the fuel system.

The N54 is an award-winning, breakthrough motor and is only going to get better once the tuners have more time with it. The cars it is put in are top notch. BMW's service is amazing and their reliability is much higher than people like KingJay make it out to be.

epic ownage :burn:

hey junkie im looking for some go fast goodies for the 1 series... have any good sites?

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Adding ballast?! WTF?

The 135 was at the top of my "I shouldn't, but if I sock away enough of a down payment..." list, but has been dethroned by the G8. Assuming we get a manual on that. If we don't, I'm declaring war on GM. :x

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
epic ownage :burn:

hey junkie im looking for some go fast goodies for the 1 series... have any good sites?

Vishnu is actually at the top of the tuning game right now. Shiv is a great person to deal with and was the first to crack the ECU that many speculated would be impossible. He frequents e90post.com as he got into the 335s right away, but it's the same engine so software will be interchangeable, and hard parts will take a little tweaking to fit. As far as other parts, they also have a prototype catback which I think is on the market right now.

Riss Racing makes a set of downpipes which claims gains of 40 wheel hp. A little pricey at about $1,100, but they come chromed and make the best gains of all the tuners so far. I'm sure they will have a set for the 135 when it comes out.

If you want to keep your factory warranty, Dinan has a contract with BMW to make aftermarket parts to sell through and be installed by certified dealers, while BMW takes a cut off the top. They tend to have slightly lower numbers but their parts are guaranteed not to void your warranty and they will replace any part broken by the extra power.

Keep an eye out for a company called Active Autowerke. They have been a BMW tuner for a few years now and specialize in forced induction. A top notch company who is sure to make some good products. They have software, catback, blow off valve and intercooler kit so far.

Look for a lot of stuff coming out in the near future for these cars. So far the fuel system is the only limiting factor, as it always is when you add 120+ hp/tq. The internals and transmission are holding up great which could mean good things down the road.

EDIT: This link has everything you need. Note that all the parts are for the 335i but the engines are the same and companies who are into tuning the 335s will be into tuning the 135s. BTW, E90 = sedan, E92 = coupe, and E93 = vert. Just generation names.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90706

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread