BMR Tech's S197 Mustang "Drag Pack" Kits - Proven to 1.1X - 1.2X sixty foot times.

BMR Tech

So, after many years of testing and results, I have come up with some packages specific to the S197 Mustang Platform that are proven.

These combination of components are likely to be the most proven set-ups out there, and they just simply work. We offer "generic" packages through our web-site, etc - but nothing as specific and thorough as the kits below.

2005-2014 Mustang GT,V6,Boss302
-Level 1 Drag Pack Kit
*BMR Drag Springs
*BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
*BMR Double Adjustable LCA, Spherical Bearing
*BMR UCA Mount
*BMR Adjustable UCA, Spherical Bearing
*BMR Adjustable PHR, Poly/Bearing Combo
*Strange Adjustable Front Struts
*Viking Double Adjustable Rear Shocks
*FRPP GT500 Upper Strut Mounts

(05-10) $2055.01 shipped
(11-14) $2110.21 shipped

-Level 2 Drag Pack Kit
*BMR Drag Springs
*BMR UCA Mount
*BMR Adjustable PHR, Spherical Bearing
*BMR Extreme Anti-Roll Bar, (streetable without disconnecting)

(05-10) $2616.16 shipped
(11-14) $2671.36 shipped

-Level 3 Drag Pack Kit
*BMR Drag Springs
*BMR UCA Mount
*BMR Adjustable PHR, Spherical Bearing
*BMR Extreme Anti-Roll Bar, (streetable without disconnecting)
*BMR Tubular Front K-Member
*BMR Tubular Front A-Arms, Adjustable
*BMR Lightweight Radiator Support
*QA1 Bumpsteer Kit

(05-10) $3864.76 shipped
(11-14) $3919.96 shipped

These packages and components have been tested rigorously, and proven on many, many 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 sixty foot S197's. :rockon:

I can also cater this to a GT500, by simply swapping over the Springs to the SP075 Drag Springs specific to the GT500's, and remove about $109 for the GT500 Mounts if you want to re-use yours.

One of the most important perks to going with this package is, no one knows it better than myself...and no one will provide you with the level of support that I will. I am regularly glued to my phone and laptop outside of business hours, on the nights and weekends assisting customers with these same components.

If you have any questions, feel free to post up.

Happy Modding!

PS: Those who are picky about NVH, this kit is not for you.

corepwn

Established Member
Kelly is definitely available all the time which is an asset to anyone using BMR gear.

One more thing, you speced out kits for people who know nothing about suspension to consider, but you didn't give any guidance as to which one X car might fall into or what "levels" each kit might best suit.

Jabooh1

Established Member
Kelly, this is awesome. Just the type of assistance that BMR has built their reputation on.

Now... Can you do the same for us road race guys?

ROCKNMUD

Established Member
Kelly, What are your recommendations on tires to achieve times listed?

I am running your rear suspension all in poly and love it. Only need to change my rear tires from 315/35/20
Nitto Motivo. I would have thought all that rubber would not spin so much but not so.

Thoughts on a DOT drag tire for street and strip use?

ROCKNMUD

Established Member
If I was to change wheels they would need to clear the 2013-14 GT500 brake upgrade I did.

BMR Tech

Kelly is definitely available all the time which is an asset to anyone using BMR gear.

One more thing, you speced out kits for people who know nothing about suspension to consider, but you didn't give any guidance as to which one X car might fall into or what "levels" each kit might best suit.

Thanks.

To be honest, there isn't really such a thing. For someone who takes drag racing seriously, Level 1 is where you need to be atleast, then just goes up from there. Shock settings can and will dictate alot of it - for example, usually a 600rwhp car needs an ARB to work effectively - BUT you can adjust shocks, if the track holds, to help get rid of some of the roll.

I cannot really put a certain level to the parts - but Level 1 will be the largest improvement over stock.

1.2 60' on stock stall and 3.15 gears? Sweet!

VMP Runs a package similar to our Level 3 - with the primary difference being that they do not use our ARB, and they have Afco shocks.

Kelly, this is awesome. Just the type of assistance that BMR has built their reputation on.

Now... Can you do the same for us road race guys?

I am working on it.

I was waiting on the Watts to be readily available, before I throw them out there. :coolman:

Kelly is great to deal with and always willing to help, you just can't go wrong with BMR!

Thanks!

Very nice! Good job Kelly.

Thanks!

Kelly, What are your recommendations on tires to achieve times listed?

I am running your rear suspension all in poly and love it. Only need to change my rear tires from 315/35/20
Nitto Motivo. I would have thought all that rubber would not spin so much but not so.

Thoughts on a DOT drag tire for street and strip use?

Well - what power? As for the times I listed, they are mostly done on a 15" wheel and either a Pro Radial, or a Slick.

EvoAutoCleanse

Established Member
How much NVH with this setup? Also would you daily drive the level 1? I'm looking for a complete setup like this but I may go to the track 5 times or so a year. The car is my dd for now.

BMR Tech

How much NVH with this setup? Also would you daily drive the level 1? I'm looking for a complete setup like this but I may go to the track 5 times or so a year. The car is my dd for now.

I have many, many people who daily drive on the Level 1, or equivalent.

As for NVH...the only thing I can really say is, yes.

I do recommend the Seals It boots from Summit Racing:

http://www.summitracing.com/oh/parts/sit-rers3/overview/

Boots%202.jpg

Those are actually from a local friend/customer who daily drives on them, as do many other locals to me (that are friends)

You can also substitute Poly Bushing LCA in this package, but I do not really like a Poly LCA or UCA in a "drag" suspension set-up...as they just don't work nor hold up as well, especially on an MT82 car.

Mazen89

Established Member
Kelly! long time no talk, great stuff. My setup (your recommendation:thumbsup:) is pretty much level 1.

I was on stock springs for some time and I installed the BMR drag springs back in Dec 2014, which was a big improvement. I went from 1.56-1.57 to a best of 1.50 60ft and I consistently run low 1.5s and I am hoping with your help I can break into 1.4s. My car is a stick shift all motor making about 464 rwhp.

here's me setup:

BMR Drag springs
BMR LCA (TCA020) & UCL UTCA033 ( Lower hole)
BMR LCA brackets (lowest hole)
Strange SA struts with GT500 strut mounts set at 3
Viking DA shocks

Everything had been measured and plotted and the Anti Squat is 121.13% now. Overall, I am happy with this, but I think there's more to be gained possibly with adjusting the shocks ?

Here's an old comparison video that I think you will like : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPUO-IVDccU

Anyway, I am going back to the track very soon, and I wanted to know what adjustment you think I should make.

Here's a recent run : https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=36rg41QmRXo

I was told that I had lots of Anti Squat and I have no idea how to fix it I played with a few times but did not see a major improvement. The 60ft was 1.51 in this run.

Launch was at 7k RPM
Tire Pressure was 11 PSI
Front struts @ 3
Rear Shocks 13C 4R,

Just FYI, I am running Hoosier 28/10.5 stiff wall since 2014 I had countless runs on them and I drive them on the streets I wonder if a new set of slicks would make a difference, they seem to be hooking just fine lol

Thanks Kelly!!

Mazen-

Users who are viewing this thread