BMR Springs

Turbosnake95

Established Member
Has anyone installed and driven with the new BMR springs? How is the drop height on all four corners, equal? Ride quality?

SP070 - Lowering Springs, Set Of 4, 1.5" Drop, Performance, GT500

I am looking to upgrade some suspension on my '14. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
No bt they ade a thread in the regular GT500 section.
They are the only springs I know of specifically designed for the GT500 (not just all s197s that are lighter in the front).
I'm thinking of swapping my "L" FRPP springs for their drag fronts, I have Van's dead hookers in the rear.
-J

Turbosnake95

Established Member
Thanks -J

My car is 90% daily driver and 10% Drag strip.

Just doing research and looking for all around performance and looks. Sent a couple of messages to BMR, waiting on replies. As of right now I am looking at the following setup/package:

- HPP001 2007 - 2010 Shelby GT500 Handling performance package, Level 1
Color: Black Hammertone
Grease: 14oz Tube

- ACA004 2005 - 2014 Mustang Lower control arms, billet aluminum, polyurethane bushings
Grease: 14oz Tube

- SRK001 2007 - 2014 Shelby GT500 Sway bar relocation kit

It seems that the level 1 performance package (HPP001) comes with different springs other than the new SP070.

BMR Tech

Turbosnake95, thanks for posting!

The packages on our site are indeed for 2005-2010 Models (07-10 GT500) - and are a little more generic than I like.

I will assume your car is the track pack? If so, here is what I recommend personally, for your suspension set-up.

SP072 - GT500 Specific Handling springs. 260F/220R Spring Rates (OEM Track Pack is 257F/200R)
*These will drop the car about .75" F and about 1" R.
*I kept the front rates similar to an OE Track Pack for two reasons. A: The Bilsteins work best with a 260lb/in spring, and B: Most common struts do NOT work well with higher than a 260b/in spring - I dont want my customers feeling like they are riding around in a dump truck.
FOR-M18183C - GT500 Upper Mounts (always good to replace these when replacing springs)
PHR006 - Adjustable Panhard. You need to center the Rear Axle after lowering, and this is the best and most common PHR found underneath S197's around the globe
PHR007 - PHR Support Brace. Many people question this modification. We have been building PHR Suspensions for 20 years, and have seen long term effects on OE PHR Supports when upgrading the PHR and supporting mods. For the price, no brainer.
SB041 - The baddest front bar around. This BMR unique design is a one and only, and is the best solution for the front of a GT500. It is 5-Way adjustable, and can be used effectively with the BMR Rear Bar, or with the OEM GT500 26mm rear bar. If your car has a smaller than 26mm rear bar, than I recommend upgrading to our SB042.
CAB005 - RLCA Relocation Brackets. Must have on a lowered car, for maximized performance. These will correct your LCA Angle, and also aide in achieving more traction. On a combo like yours, the Middle Hole will be the best for starters.
TCA021 - Adjustable Poly/Bearing LCA. These are my favorite LCA that we manufacture. Of course, you chose the ACA004 which are "nicer" and more expensive, but I don't care about the bigger purchase price, these TCA021 are the best LCA out there in terms of quality, price point and functionality. Unlike the ACA004, these TCA021 will allow for you to center your rear tires perfectly, and dial in the thrust angle.
SRK001 - Well, if you need them, you need them.

Now onto the spring selection. I do see that "handling" was not mentioned, but 10% drag racing is.

In that particular case, the SP070 would work better than the SP072 I recommended...but not by a whole lot.

To be completely honest, the SP075 Drag Springs would be your best bet. They are engineered for a GT500...and offer rates that are actually stiffer than a stock 07-09 GT500, so it's not like they are going to ride like a "hoopty". And to boot, your dampers are likely better valved than the 07-09 GT500, so the car would actually ride nicely, and handle decently as well (especially with that SB041 Bar)

Turbosnake95

Established Member
Thanks Kelly for the detailed post.

I do have the track pack option.

So the best option for me in your expert opinion is the following items:

SP075
FOR-M18183-C
PHR006
PHR007
SB041
CAB005
TCA021
SRK001

Will the daily driving duties suffer on comfort and ride due to the drag springs? Also I did not state handling as I do not track the car.

PM was also sent with requested information.

P.S. .75"F and 1"R seems a bit different than what your ad states of 1.5" even for the drag springs.

Last edited:

GregsGT500

Established Member
Kelly; I have a 2011 GT500 SVTPP. Other that street performance driving I also track the car on Cali road courses such as Buttonwillow and Willow Springs. For me the SVTPP suspension sits too tall specially when I swap to the 18s I use on the track. I'm thinking your SP072 would work good for me. Koni yellows are currently 25% off. Are they a good combo with your SP072? Do I really need all the other stuff (ie relocation bkts, sway bars, etc.) you recommended? I'm on a budget. After springs/shocks (and I have a camber plates) what would be the order of all the other items to get for best bang for the buck. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread