BMR K Member and vibrations

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
I installed a standard bmr k member a few weeks ago. Today was the first day driving since the install, the added cabin noise and vibration is pretty annoying to say the least. I went back and checked all torque specs and bushing and all are within spec. Anyone else deal with this? Any fixes? If I can't find a way to reduce it I will probably be uninstalling soon.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Did you go with the k member with the poly mounts or the one that allows use with the OEM mounts?

*edit* All BMR K members appear to ditch the factory mo7nts and use poly instead.

Last edited:

gulfcoastlifest

Gulf Coast
I installed a standard bmr k member a few weeks ago. Today was the first day driving since the install, the added cabin noise and vibration is pretty annoying to say the least. I went back and checked all torque specs and bushing and all are within spec. Anyone else deal with this? Any fixes? If I can't find a way to reduce it I will probably be uninstalling soon.
Appreciate your information on this modification.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

gulfcoastlifest

Gulf Coast
It's really a quality product, very well built and fit perfectly. I drive my car a lot for extended amounts of time though, which makes it hard to deal with.
Thank you everyone for the feedback.
I want to upgrade to the BMR complete suspension, however I do drive 7 and 8 hour's at a time, I guess the radio would cover up that noise.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

69b302

Established Member
The BMR k member with the 3/4" Engine drop can cause clearance issues with headers and the steering shaft, depending on your headers.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Any tubular K member is going to make a drastic difference in NVH, and not in a positive way. When I had my Terminator I put a tubular K member in it and decided right then that I would never do that again unless it was in a strictly track only car.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I put a BMR K in my car and didn't see a big increase in NVH

Me, neither. The biggest thing I noticed was more noise under the car due to the loss of the belly panels. Even that was negligible. OP, you just need to drive it more to get used to the new sounds. You'll find it's really not as bad as you think. You'll also get used to the minor vibrations. The benefits FAR outweigh the minor increase in NVH.

BMR Tech

NVH is very subjective.

Some will say it did not increase the NVH much at all, and some believe the NVH is bad enough to remove the part and swapping back to stock.

Unfortunately, the NVH people are experiencing is simply due to one of the primary benefits to upgrading - the 95 durometer poly mounts help position the motor and keep it there. This minimization of engine movement helps put the power through the driveline into the tires, helping with shifts and also removing harmful stresses that are sent through the driveline.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Any tubular K member is going to make a drastic difference in NVH, and not in a positive way. When I had my Terminator I put a tubular K member in it and decided right then that I would never do that again unless it was in a strictly track only car.
Before I went this route, I saw Tob's review of Maximum Motorsport's K-member and elected to go this route becuause I wanted the option to stay with stock motor mounts, but also increase rigidity over the OEM unit. You're gonna pay a good deal more over BMR's stuff, but it was worth the extra money to me to keep existing motor mounts and possibly upgrade later.

Users who are viewing this thread