BMR handling springs ?

bullet3z

Established Member
Is anyone here running a set of the new BMR handling springs part #SP065 yet? I wanted to see what the main difference was between these springs and the older #SP009 springs.

Looking to order springs before the end of the year and having one hell of a time deciding. I am still debating just getting the FRPP "P" springs and calling a day.

BMR Tech

The initial test cars love them.

The difference is, they are substantially "stiffer" than the SP009.

The SP009 are the best overall lowering spring on the market, as they retain a great ride, improve handling, and allow for excellent drag strip performance. Of course, the stance is incredible.

If you want to chat about it, give me a call Monday.

Good luck!

red13

Established Member
So would you say the 009 are more street friendly and the 065 are more track friendly. Im looking for sprigs.
How about 009 in the rear and 065 in the front.... Or did you account for this idea and match the rear with the front.

CJ

Last edited:

bullet3z

Established Member
Kelly, I forgot to ask you if your springs come with bump stops? Or do we just reuse the factory stops?

dc2r

Established Member
bringing this back from the dead. i recently installed sp009's and it's hitting the bumpstops hard in the rear because of the bad b-roads i commute in. on the hoist it's clear from the marks on the frame that the bumpstops are making contact with the frame. the mechanic i use was not sure how much of the bumpstops to cut away and i was hoping someone here could provide me with something specific before i start hacking away at them?

djclark

Established Member
I installed some of the FRPP bumpstops. They're the same height, but made from a different material. I'd give them a try vs cutting stockers.

bringing this back from the dead. i recently installed sp009's and it's hitting the bumpstops hard in the rear because of the bad b-roads i commute in. on the hoist it's clear from the marks on the frame that the bumpstops are making contact with the frame. the mechanic i use was not sure how much of the bumpstops to cut away and i was hoping someone here could provide me with something specific before i start hacking away at them?

87hatchy

Established Member
Anyone have pics of their car with the SP065 springs installed???? Curious if it looks as good as the SP009 or if it sits higher?

DaBigBone

Established Member
Anyone have pics of their car with the SP065 springs installed???? Curious if it looks as good as the SP009 or if it sits higher?

Here ya go.

qfnOSz6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread