Bmr ftw

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Yeah I think my relo brackets sit at 3" off the ground. They sit in line with the tire so as long as your tire goes over it you're good. If you cut off a curb or your car wash has a rail for your tire to sit in you won't get over it.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Gotcha. Seems like I read last night these springs were 11-13 and did not need any extra parts. Back on the hunt for a different setup

The BMR springs can be used with any strut for a 2005-2013 Mustang. The only reason you have to change strut mounts for 05-10 style struts is because the piston shaft at the top of the strut is a slight different diameter, so 11-13 struts mounts will not work.

GT915

Established Member
Gotcha. Seems like I read last night these springs were 11-13 and did not need any extra parts. Back on the hunt for a different setup
You don't need any extra parts other than a panhard bar to center the rear axle after you drop it. A lot of people reuse the factory strut mounts but they are only designed to be used once and will fall apart during disassembly if you aren't careful. I also hear some guys complaining about suspension noise when reusing them. I also hear some say the factory struts are crap and don't last long after using them with lowering springs. I just wanted to do it right to begin with and now I'm glad I did. The car just has a much better feel to it than it did before.

GT915

Established Member
Is it just me or does that thing seem to sit pretty low for BMRs? Just looks more than an 1"/1.5" drop
I think BMR advertises 1.0 inch in the front and 1.25 in the rear. I didn't measure it before I started but the top of the front fender sits at 27 1/2 inches now and the rear sits 28 inches.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
This is the drop I got from my BMR springs on my 2013 GT Brembo

dyqu6u4e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread