Bmr ftw

GT915

Established Member
I recently installed BMR springs, lower control arms, relocation brackets, adjustable panhard bar, GT 500 strut mounts and Koni STR.T shocks and struts. I spoke with Kelly at BRM more than once and he offered sound advice and some helpful install tips. I am more than pleased with this setup. The drop isn't drastic, the ride is more controlled without being harsh, and there is no unwanted suspension noise. All of the parts look first class and fit perfectly. The only problems I had with the install were the ones I caused myself. Sorry for the crappy quality pics but it's all I have at the moment. BTW I know I need to ditch these crappy wheels and that is next on my list.
stuff298.jpg

stuff307.jpg

img1219hj.jpg

img1220m.jpg

GT915

Established Member
There is actually a short youtube video covering this install...I believe it was by CJ Pony Parts. They said the top hole was for stock height and the bottom hole was for dramatically lowered vehicles. The middle hole is for moderately lowered vehicles. Must have worked cuz the wheel hop I would sometimes get under hard acceleration is completely gone now.

alex12gt

Established Member
There is actually a short youtube video covering this install...I believe it was by CJ Pony Parts. They said the top hole was for stock height and the bottom hole was for dramatically lowered vehicles. The middle hole is for moderately lowered vehicles. Must have worked cuz the wheel hop I would sometimes get under hard acceleration is completely gone now.

Ive always read the first is for slight lower but the biggest thing is making the lca parallel to the ground

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Looks good man I literally have the exact same setup except for a different panhard bar and I love it. I actually used the bottom hole though on the LCA brackets. I thought the bottom hole was supposed to be used for the most aggressive straight line and the higher ones were more for auto x. Who knows, it worked great though

11dsgGT

Established Member
Looks good! I bet it feels like you are driving a different car with all that.

This week I welded up the relocation brackets for insurance and took out those axle weights. Some new struts/shocks are in order next. Are those Koni's adjustable at all or are they designed for the street?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Looks great, OP. I'll +1 for Kelly and BMR. Great guys that know their stuff. I need to hurry up and finish my suspension setup in my car (will likely go the exact same route as you).

GT915

Established Member
Looks good! I bet it feels like you are driving a different car with all that.

This week I welded up the relocation brackets for insurance and took out those axle weights. Some new struts/shocks are in order next. Are those Koni's adjustable at all or are they designed for the street?
No they are not adjustable. To be honest, I'd have preferred them but I am not spending 800 plus dollars for a set of adjustable dampers that I'd likely never adjust. I just wanted a fun street car. You're right though, it does feel like a differnet car now.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
No they are not adjustable. To be honest, I'd have preferred them but I am not spending 800 plus dollars for a set of adjustable dampers that I'd likely never adjust. I just wanted a fun street car. You're right though, it does feel like a differnet car now.
Tokico D-specs can be had for ~$650. :)

GT915

Established Member
Looks great, OP. I'll +1 for Kelly and BMR. Great guys that know their stuff. I need to hurry up and finish my suspension setup in my car (will likely go the exact same route as you).
Seeing how your car looked is one of the reasons I decided to go with BMR springs. My last mustang was too low and would scrub the xpipe and subframe connectors on anything but flat pavement. It looked great but was a pain in the ass to drive. Your's on the other hand, had just enough drop to eliminate the 4x4 look yet still has adequate ground clearance.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Yeah, youre right. There is a lot more I intend to do and it all takes money. I decided to save a few bucks on adjustable dampers to put me in a better postion for more mods.
Gotcha. If only money came faster than it does for the average joe.

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Im having a badddddddddd feeling about installing those relo. brackets. I have them in my garage waiting for install, but damn they sit low............ Anyone ever have problems with ground clearance?

Car looks great btw!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread