Blu-ray Player? Which one to get?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
my ps3 plays blu rays just as well as my friends blu ray player. I dont see what the big fuss is about :shrug:

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
+1 for getting the PS3.

I like mine and use it mostly for Bluray (I only have 3 PS3 games) -- movies look fantastic to me. Both BR and upscaled DVD.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I have both a PS3 and a Sony BDS350. I can't see any difference in picture quality between the two when viewed on my 52" Sony XBR5. You can find the Sony S350 for less than $300 now.

U.M.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
PS3 all the way. :rockon:
Just make sure to get a quality HDMI cable so that the quality picture is there. If you opt for a cheaper version the quality is sacrificed.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
PS3 all the way. :rockon:
Just make sure to get a quality HDMI cable so that the quality picture is there. If you opt for a cheaper version the quality is sacrificed.

:lol: this is a HUGE misconception. No such thing as a "low quality" digital signal. Its either on or off. Signal strength and quality are important for analog but not digital. In fact, you can run a 1080p signal through regular ole component cables (red, yellow, white). :lol:

2003 Silver

Banned
Every review I have seen has PS3 at/near the top. For $600 you get a great blu-ray player and an awesome game console. For similar you will spend at least that for a blu ray stand alone.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
maybe i will check into the ps3's then, i'll honestly probably never buy any game for it tho.:shrug:

(scratch that, i probably would buy some games and never play them)

any other input? come on guys i know a bunch of you have blu-ray players, what are your suggestions?

Get the PS3. The PS3 can be used as a web browser also if you have wireless.

I have had my PS3 for nearly a year now and have yet to buy any game for it. BD on the other hand ..... I do surf the web on it though.

I leave my gaiming to the real champ ... Xbox Elite.

chip

Established Member
in many cases you can get 1080p from component, but i wouldn't recomend it. my friends tv had color problems with component, but worked great with hdmi. You're right about cable quality though... buy the $10 hdmi cable not the $60 one. the only time monster cable is better is if its over 20ft long.

Jroc

Established Member
Unless you are just wanting to buy one for really cheap then the PS3 should be the only one to consider IMO. I love mine.

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Got a PS3 here. Works great for blueray. I didnt feel like spending all that money just to have a blue ray player. Spend an extra 50 bucks or so and get the latest gaming systems has to offer. The games are incredible. Playing Farcry 2 right now and plan on getting Fallout 3 when I am done with this one.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
I have a BDP-S301. Got it cheap on Ebay awhile back, and I am very happy. The problem with PS3 is that it does not have in infared receiver, so if you enjoy having one remote to command all of your components the PS3 will not work.

Users who are viewing this thread