Blowing my engine racing a LS2 Silverado

SVTGABE

Established Member
This is the video of the race where my engine decided to go bye bye. The Silverado has a 6.0 LS2 heads/cam and 150 shot. He spun pretty good, thats when i got ahead of him. Sorry for the bad quality, its a camera phone.
[ame="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=24833211"]MySpaceTV Videos: Chevy catches ass whoopin by Unrestricted Performance![/ame]

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Oh man that blows. What are you gonna replace the block with?

SVTGABE

Established Member
The engine blew toward the end of the video. I got to hit about 85mph when it decided to throw a rod through cylinder 6. I wanted to cry! lol!

SVTGABE

Established Member
My truck is at PSI right now. I'm getting a whole new block with stage 2 heads and cams. I'll have to wait for later to buy the 3.4 Whipple that i want. No dinero!! In the meantime i'll spin the crap out of the Eaton.

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
That sux but hey look on the bright side its in the shop gettin a new engine and now it should handle what ever you throw at it and leave that silverado sitting at the starting stripe next time

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Ooh thats a bummer dude, good time to upgrade tho. Was the silvy a stock truck block 6.0? Tell that guy he needs to spray more to keep up with an L :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh wow! That was indeed a bummer. Best of luck with the new motor build. Should be sweet!

97/4.6w/fangs

NA FTW
Established Member
are you sure it was an LS2? There are other 6.0s. LQ9/LQ4 6.0s are direct swaps for the silvys. LS2 would take A LOT of work to stick in a Silvy.

If it IS an LS2 that had heads/cam and 150 shot it should be an 11 second truck all day

Seancass

HELLACIOUS
Established Member
I'm actually really dissapointed in the other truck. i guess your's is pretty built, though. I've been thinking of doing a swap in a 1/2 ton chevy, but your truck just raped a pretty good truck, being gutted, cammed, stalled and N20'd. I hope like 97 w/fangs said, it must be the truck 6.0 and not the LS2.

97/4.6w/fangs

NA FTW
Established Member
even if it was an LQ9 though it's the same thing as an LS2. Well the shortblock anyways. It's basically an ironblock LS2. Throw a set of 243 (LS6 style) heads on there and you have the SAME exact motor. Matched with a decent size cam and full bolt ons with a badass tune your talking about 450hp to the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread