Blower swap gaskets/bolts

bssmith1220

Established Member
what gaskets and hardware do I need for a blower swap. Taking off eaton and replacing with another eaton. Where are you guys buying bolts now that ford ones are getting costly?

bssmith1220

Established Member
And I did contact tousley or whatever it's called now and they said people are getting bolts somewhere cheaper these days since ford is high. Just in case someone's advice is to contact them ;)

rymax101

Established Member
In that link, they have all the part numbers listed. If you want to source them yourself. (probably find it cheaper but that's a good list of the part #)

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

bssmith1220

Established Member
I just wrote to Mike at Autonation was just $100 shipped for everything needed PM them.
I did! That's why I made my second post:) It was $100 for gaskets and another $130 for bolts. He said people are getting bolts cheaper elsewhere. Trying to figure out where elsewhere is! $230 is salty for odds and ends.

RichM1983

Established Member
I don't have any guidance other than I don't think I would reuse the bolts. I've seen people struggle with a broken bolt or two when doing this job. I'd want to avoid that in the future.

bssmith1220

Established Member
Yea I don't really want to reuse. just want to know if I can get bolts cheaper than ford.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Why not just go to he hardware store and buy the correct size bolt with a built in washer head? The torque is like 89 inch lbs , very minimal pressure really. As for the gasket I think I found a new ford gasket on eBay the cheapest. Also need the ic gasket

bssmith1220

Established Member
Why not just go to he hardware store and buy the correct size bolt with a built in washer head? The torque is like 89 inch lbs , very minimal pressure really. As for the gasket I think I found a new ford gasket on eBay the cheapest. Also need the ic gasket
I'm more than happy to do that. I just want to have the stuff ready prior to pulling the blower off. Anyone know the sizes?

usmcah-1w

Established Member
I don't remember the size but I went to ace hardware and got stainless steel socket head bolts. I believe it was turbo venom who told me this.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I just purchased all new bolts for my set up as I removed my Eaton for powder coating. I went with stainless steel Allen head bolts, but this company also has the black oxide bolts. They have everything you need, but it's good quality bolts (like ARP) so, it's not going to be the cheapest either.

However, their customer service and shipping time is great!!! Everything arrives in labeled packages and they send out a goody bag with stickers, pens, magnetic calendars, pocket hand sanitizer, etc. Pretty cool as no one does that anymore.

Bolt page:
http://www.proweldperformanceparts.com/id183.html

03/04 Cobra specific page:
http://www.proweldperformanceparts.com/id172.html

Keep scrolling past the 03/04 specific stuff and you'll see the 4.6 specific stuff (i.e. tensioner bolts, water pump bolts, etc.).

Here are a couple pics of my new valve cover bolts:
20170102_102947_zps5d7gr5bf.jpg

20170102_102930_zps5dkpvrtm.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread