Blower making not so friendly sound?

SmokinCobra420

Kush is good MmmKay!
Established Member
Ok so i just noticed today that my blower is making a not so friendly sound. It sounds like its crunchy but not really loud and the car is running fine. The car has 35k on it and i just changed my S/C oil about 2 months ago, i replaced it with Royal Purple 10w30, I read somewhere on here that it would be ok. A buddy of mine and fellow cobra owner said that it might be the bearings going out. Does anyone have any input about the sound and what may be causing it? I know its coming from the blower because i put my head right about the blower and and its def coming from it.

Thanks guys.
chris

hotcobra03

Established Member
noise

my made funny sounds...to me it sounded like marbles being tossed around /rattle,crunching type of sound

when we had my blower apart we did notice the coating on the rotors was flaking off,,

wonder if thats it,,we removed mine

mine makes a funny whistle sometimes also when cold

good luck with it

SmokinCobra420

Kush is good MmmKay!
Established Member
How many miles on the blower?

same as car, 35k. But let me stress that those are some hard miles. i dont baby my car, i drive it like i stole it lol. but i do take care of it, changing fluids and getting out of boost before redline. Im thinking maybe because im spinning it so much and i run the piss out of it, that maybe its time to port and add new bearings.

dynobobstieg

Since you are driving it hard it more than likely needs a front drive rebuild, the rotors on the Cobra's wear they do not flake so that will not cause an issue. If you send it in when can check it out for you and let you know our diagnosis.

Stiegemeier:burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

hotcobra03

Established Member
noise

Since you are driving it hard it more than likely needs a front drive rebuild, the rotors on the Cobra's wear they do not flake so that will not cause an issue. If you send it in when can check it out for you and let you know our diagnosis.

Stiegemeier:burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

school me and maye some others

do the rotors have a black coating on them?

mine had a hard coating of something on them...kinda looked like rustproofing...it was flaking off..a piece got wedged and my rotors wouldnt turn ... i pulled rotors out and took it all off..

this happened while blower was off for head repair...at that time it had 210k...its been 2yrs now and at 267k and it still works

you do this for a living so im listening...i made driveshafts for a living

Users who are viewing this thread