Blew my tranny up this morning!!!

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
haha awesome signature doug....i think i can pretty much use that as my race moto and damn pretty car diablo stang

FunkyBoss

Established Member
Doug said:
see if you can hammer it out of gear. I drove around for months with only 1st, 2nd, an 5th gear cause i lost 3rd and 4th.

Lol, I'll give that a shot, just don't want to mess up my shifter.

red9450

Established Member
Anyone interested in a tremec 3550 with b&m Ripper, and 4.6 lakewood scatershield. It has a bent input shaft when i picked it up, but I ordered a brand new 26 spline for it from d&d. I wasn't planning on selling it, but have been really thinking about going with the t56. Just install the input shaft, and you should be good to go. The major diff from a tko and a 3550 is the input and output shafts. anyone interested, pm me with questions and price you have in mind.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine got stuck in 2nd gear the very first time I shifted it after pilling out of the shop after my 4.30 install.
I broke a shift fork into 3 pieces. LOL

98(oBra\/ert

Established Member
FunkyBoss said:
Yeah, I figured it was my shift fork. I have a T45 out of a 99' lined up for $250. I can put that in for now then have the other one rebuilt and upgraded, looking at the Hanlon rebuild kits. After doing a search (imagine that :rollseyes ), it appears I can swap some stuff over and hook up the mech speedo.
To use a t45 out of a 99gt you have to swap the tailshaft with the one out of your car, they are diferent lengths.

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Hey man sounds like what happened to mine. A buddy of mine pulled the tranny out and all that was wrong with it was a small peice had shattered. You might wanna try to open the tranny up and see, if might be cheaper to buy the part if that is whats wrong with it. Anyway sorry to hear about that, good luck.

FunkyBoss

Established Member
Well, I got the 99', swapped the tailshafts, and that one turned out to be bad as well. The guy who sold it to me took it back, so that was cool. I went ahead and ordered a freshly rebuilt T-45 with upgraded shift forks and carbon syncros.

NA97GT

Established Member
I just broke my 3-4 shift fork last night. Has anyone swapped out a shift fork on their own, how involved is it to do?

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
FunkyBoss said:
Well, I got the 99', swapped the tailshafts, and that one turned out to be bad as well. The guy who sold it to me took it back, so that was cool. I went ahead and ordered a freshly rebuilt T-45 with upgraded shift forks and carbon syncros.
Where did you get the tranny from? Cheaper than just rebuilding yours?

Users who are viewing this thread