Blew My Engine

cjd223

Established Member
Car is back running after many trials and tribulations. Transmission line started leaking at the front crimp fitting. Caused the belt to slip off the pulley and break. I spent 4+ hours trying to remove the hose assembly. Wound up cutting it in half with a saw. It is impossible to put new line assembly on with car on jack stands. Had car towed to dealer to have them install it. Took their lead transmission guy 6 hours to install it. He had to remove my right cat delete pipe to get it in. He managed to crimp the pipe at the rear joint. Ordered a new set from Summit. Same pipe as Jegs, but a good bit cheaper. I installed it myself last night.
BTW there is a new, less expensive fuel system in the works. No need for the high $$ return fuel systems. My car is shifting right where it needs to at 7,400rpms. Can't go higher w/o hitting the soft limiter. The '15s and up have a much better computer. The "patch" for the '11 - '14 computers is a hit or miss proposition.

cjd223

Established Member
BTW Jokerz Performance does not ship the repaired blower unit with oil. I wondered why mine sounded a little funny when I cranked it. I filled it up with 10W-30 Mobile One.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread