Blew 15-20k tonight

stevieb

Established Member
that sux!

Sorry to hear of your engine failure. Id be curious to hear what happened. From what you described it sounds like the turbo seals went out flooding the intake with oil and threw a rod trying to compress the oil. Again that sux, but I bet it was an awesome motor with 800+ hp. Good luck man.

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
We that are familiar with turbos call that a boost spike shit happens rebuild and make it better. Dont make the same mistake my friend did. Use aftermarket parts instead of going the same ol stock shit.

Last edited:

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
WOW. Sooooooo sorry to hear. Hope it all works out, in time to pick me up at the airport, lol! Good luck.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Originally posted by trplblacksnake
We that are familiar with turbos call that a boost spike shit happens rebuild and make it better. Dont make the same mistake my friend did. Use aftermarket parts instead of going the same ol stock shit.

I understand where you're coming from and I agree 110% And I did use the best of whats out there! I just didnt slap this car together and go on a joy ride..... The only things stock on or in the engine were a 03 Cobra crank, 03 Cobra block, and 01 5.4 Navi heads. I have spend big money on this project just so things like this wouldnt happen......now I'll agree just because I bought the most pricey crap out there doesnt mean its the best. With that said I did my homework the best I could and somewhere I missed something ? wont know till I break it down tomorrow and see what the problem(s) is.:nonono: :(

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Originally posted by TrophyCar
WOW. Sooooooo sorry to hear. Hope it all works out, in time to pick me up at the airport, lol! Good luck.

teehee, well I could always pick you up in my other one;-)

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Since you messed up your engine you should buy an 03 cobra motor/tranny. They only cost 15k and can be easily modded to put out close to 700hp. Thats what I would do anyway.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Originally posted by RSXFMCJWR
Since you messed up your engine you should buy an 03 cobra motor/tranny. They only cost 15k and can be easily modded to put out close to 700hp. Thats what I would do anyway.

I already had the 03 block and crank;-) :shrug: I still dunno what I will do at this point. I may just break it down clean it up and put the car away for awhile? and work on something else :shrug:

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by T-88 SALEEN
I already had the 03 block and crank;-) :shrug: I still dunno what I will do at this point. I may just break it down clean it up and put the car away for awhile? and work on something else :shrug:

Well then, in that case I say either find the problem and then rebuild putting emphasis on reenforcing/preventing the problem, or claim the car totaled under your insurance and use the money to buy a new toy.

Either way, sorry it happened.

Users who are viewing this thread