Blew 15-20k tonight

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Blew 15-20k tonight....Click-Click BOOM!

Long story short, a buddy of mine as been dying to go for a ride in my Saleen. So I say ok fine lets go....so I take him up one of the highways around where we live....so I get on it a bit shift into 2nd gear (no problems) then as step into it hit 3rd gear (not even banging it) boost comes up to about 15# and I'm :eek: :dw: and about 10 seconds into 3rd gear we hear a whine then KAAAAA BOOOM!!!! so I pull off to the side and stop as fast as I can and I'm ( :??: :shrug: :eek: :cryying: ) get out and pop the hood and their is oil/water-antifreeze EVERY-FREAKIN-WHERE :eek: So I look somemore to find where its coming from and on the drivers side there was/is a 12"x7" hole in the side of my block into my heads. :eek: and my custom SFI bellhouing is broke is 3 places :cuss: ........ So I am going to rip it down tomorrow and see what happend? :??: :shrug:...and my custom turbo is trash also.:cuss: My guess is the clutch let go again for the 3rd F'in time :cuss:

So I call a "flat-bed" tow truck to take my broke POS home, they send me a non-flat bed tow truck....so I'm :cuss: at the company for 20 min's saying I want a Flat Bed not a tow behind :cuss: they get me one and change me a 150 bucks to tow my car home a mile and a half :cuss: WTF.....anyway sorry for the rant I just needed to vent....

Last edited:

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
That sucks man. Tow truck company really stuck it up your ass. But a $150.00 bucks is nothing compared to what happended to the car. That is weird, goodluck!!:beer:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
man, that stinks! Do you plan on doing all the engine work yourself? I'm currently going through my engine, but not because it blew up. I'm sorry that happened, what are your plans so far?

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
bummer, but now you could just rebuild it to a higher level.

It was already pushing 850+rwhp@ 8# :(

man, that stinks! Do you plan on doing all the engine work yourself? I'm currently going through my engine, but not because it blew up. I'm sorry that happened, what are your plans so far?.

I had a the bottom end done by a shop, then I droped the heads on and finished it up from there. I also built the turbo kit itself. As of right now I do not have the time or money to fix it. So I'm just going to break it down and go from there.

Whoaa that really sucks, did you get any pics?

I will take some when I start to break it down, I really want to know why this happend :dw:

I have just under 20k into the whole engine and drivetrain, from rear end to the turbo kit, trans and engine. I'm hoping it didnt hurt the T-56 :( :shrug:.....I went outside to look it over once more and tried to spin the turbo and it was locked...so I will have to send that back in and see if it is fixable? *I hope* Their is also a large amount of oil in the Intercooler aswell...So we'll see what goes on.:shrug:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
You ---- Shall ------ Rebuild!!!

The seized Turbo is probably a sign that it might very well been the cause of your misfortune (now that sucks BIG TIME)...:nonono:

mr-mstng

Established Member
Wow, that reallly sucks. I'm sorry to hear it.

Was is just the block, or were the heads cracked too?

kaos

Established Member
Sorry about that.

Sorry I'm still learning about cars, but what do you mean your clutch let go? And how would that cause what happened?

Users who are viewing this thread