Blake Holcomb Motor Tear Down Pics

Big Q

Established Member
Well for those of you who saw my thread about the head gasket coolant leak on my newly built Blake Holcomb motor I'd say its pretty easy to see why. Each deep groove led to a coolant leak and you gotta love that balance job.

Teardown 1.JPG
Teardown 2.JPG
Teardown 3.JPG

Vert

Established Member
I hate to say it, but after seeing that I would check all clearances, bolt torques and so forth.

Healthforhazard

Established Member
#Coyotelivesmatter When are people going to stop buying from this asshat? Like mentioned above I've never seen positive information, just a slew of his crap work.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I think I would tear it all the way down. I don't think I could trust any of his work after seeing that. I feel for you, good luck moving forward.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Wow! I've never seen a build this bad... I've never even conceived the idea of someone balancing a crank shaft like that. WTF?

Please post more pics... There has to be even more carnage than this based just on the crank.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Wow, that is probably the worst deck and worst heavy metal job I have seen in my entire life. They destroyed that counter weight.

The Beast 2014

Established Member
I would strip that entire block down and rebuild it. If he is shipping it with the visible pieces looking like that who knows what care went into the things you can't see.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I think he just sanded the deck with a cinderblock or dragged it down the driveway.
tiz9p.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread