Blackwing vs AMS tuned Q50 red sport awd

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That looks like a plain Q50 that does get the 3.0TT (300hp), not the Red Sport (400hp). Regardless, his only chance was from a dig until you got going and you'd rip the paint off flying by.
Correct, that wasn’t a Red Sport… though it doesn’t matter once tuned. The 3.0TT is the same in all Q50s, its the ECU calibration in the Red Sport that gives it 400hp. All of them can be tuned to about 500 hp with out much effort, mods.. you want more than that and you are going to unass some coin for turbo upgrades, fuel system upgrades etc.. its a fun car, but nothing that is going to set the world on fire. They are fun from a dig, ok’ish mid range, but really run out of steam up top..

ArabianOak

Established Member
Correct, that wasn’t a Red Sport… though it doesn’t matter once tuned. The 3.0TT is the same in all Q50s, its the ECU calibration in the Red Sport that gives it 400hp. All of them can be tuned to about 500 hp with out much effort, mods.. you want more than that and you are going to unass some coin for turbo upgrades, fuel system upgrades etc.. its a fun car, but nothing that is going to set the world on fire. They are fun from a dig, ok’ish mid range, but really run out of steam up top..
yes, i talked to a guy from AMS today (he tuned this car) and it has the tune that gives it near 500hp...so I would assume it could be in the 11s for 1/4 mile and maybe trap in the upper teens. not enough for the El Tee Four...lol.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
yes, i talked to a guy from AMS today (he tuned this car) and it has the tune that gives it near 500hp...so I would assume it could be in the 11s for 1/4 mile and maybe trap in the upper teens. not enough for the El Tee Four...lol.
I have redsport for a daily beater. Yeah that’s one of the tunes (ams) I have considered, but have left the car alone since my other toys satiate that appetite. I had found a low mile ATS-V when I was shopping this car in 2021.. man kinda wish I had gone that route. Are you going to be turning up the wick on the caddy soon?

IMG_1520.jpeg

IMG_3352.jpeg

ArabianOak

Established Member
I have redsport for a daily beater. Yeah that’s one of the tunes (ams) I have considered, but have left the car alone since my other toys satiate that appetite. I had found a low mile ATS-V when I was shopping this car in 2021.. man kinda wish I had gone that route. Are you going to be turning up the wick on the caddy soon?

View attachment 1809940
View attachment 1809942
yes, already bought the ported blower from Jokerz...lol.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
all i know is these q50/60 guys are slowly becoming the next STi crowd...haha.
I think you're right. Around here, plenty of Infinity and BMW kids doing laps up and down the main drag downshifting their automatics so the whole city has to hear the cracks and pops. Or they just stay in second or third gear and constantly run the revs up just to let out and make noise. They really are kids too. 16-20 year olds driving these things... Once again, my generation being pussy parents giving these punks fairly nice cars.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1809940
View attachment 1809942

LOVE your Red sport.

Have to agree though..I want a ats-v pretty bad!

robvas

Established Member

There's a guy around with with an Audi S6 with a couple mods around here, nothing serious. Ran into him in my last car and pulled on him and then actually met him again this year and talked to him a bit, and then spanked him with my current car.

Anyway, the other day I come across a newer Audi S5, and we gave it a whirl. I was going about 40 in 2nd (would have rather been around 50mph since I have 3.27's, but a chase is a race...), and was waiting for him to line it up or honk it off, but he just punched it, and as soon as I saw his car squat, I floored it.

Dead even. I shifted into 3rd at 85mph, and just started to inch past him. Shut it down around 105-110, I didn't really look. One of the closest races I've ever had.

Talked to him for a second at the next light, he said it's a "Stage 2 on E85" but I didn't get any more specifics other than that. Cool dude so I hope to run into him again.

Pretty sure he thought he was going to beat me as bad as I thought I was going to beat him :LOL:

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
There's a guy around with with an Audi S6 with a couple mods around here, nothing serious. Ran into him in my last car and pulled on him and then actually met him again this year and talked to him a bit, and then spanked him with my current car.

Anyway, the other day I come across a newer Audi S5, and we gave it a whirl. I was going about 40 in 2nd (would have rather been around 50mph since I have 3.27's, but a chase is a race...), and was waiting for him to line it up or honk it off, but he just punched it, and as soon as I saw his car squat, I floored it.

Dead even. I shifted into 3rd at 85mph, and just started to inch past him. Shut it down around 105-110, I didn't really look. One of the closest races I've ever had.

Talked to him for a second at the next light, he said it's a "Stage 2 on E85" but I didn't get any more specifics other than that. Cool dude so I hope to run into him again.

Pretty sure he thought he was going to be me, as bad as I thought I was going to beat him :LOL:
What are you currently driving? Late model GT?

Last edited:

robvas

Established Member
Out of sheer curiosity, where did your 3.27s come from? Not that I think 3.55s would have made much difference in the race
A stock GT of course (it's SRA)

3.55's would take down 2nd gear to 77 from 84mph. My first gear goes to 55mph

Not sure 10% shorter gears would make that big of a difference but it'd be fun to see side by side. It'd be a little more versatile on the street with 3.55's or 3.73's

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Pretty sure he thought he was going to beat me as bad as I thought I was going to beat him :LOL:

"Stage 2" is ricer talk for K&N air filter and a tune.

Users who are viewing this thread